Generations 65 Available in Some Stores!

marns

Though I just registered and this is my first post, I've been doing a ton of research on car seats over the last few days because DS, who is almost four, is on the tall side and has been asking for a 'big boy seat'. At 33-34 pounds and about 40-41 inches tall, he's been riding in the Evenflo Triumph Advance for almost two years and would definitely still have room to grow, but we decided to take his own desires into consideration. He saw several booster seats at Target this summer and has expressed wanting one. We agreed, as long as we could get one that would allow us to harness him to at least 50 pounds.
Well, I had been considering the Nautilus amongst others, but knew the Nautilus had the best ratings. Plus as I'm sure you all know, it's not easy to find a good higher weight harness/booster combo. I was pretty set on the Nautilus when we went to our BRU this evening. We looked at the others and of course DH pulled the price card (the Nautilus that is currently out of stock at our Target is marked $159 and he wanted BRU to honor it; FWIW as long as they have the ad and it's the same model, they will ;)). I was trying to decide if it would be better to just get the Nautilus or wait the few more days until the anticipated arrival of the new Evenflo Generations 65 when I happened to glance up and see that they had it right there in the store! DH immediately said, "If they'll sell it to us, I want that one." I could hardly argue since my claims for needing the Nautilus were no longer justified; I did mention the higher harness level, but he said by that time, he's perfectly happy to get DS a TurboBooster. We finally made the consensus that we'd take the Evenflo home, try it out, and see if it was as good as anticipated in construction, etc... The store was more than willing to sell us the seat and we paid $99 for it just as was expected/hoped for! We also bought the extra buyer protection plan to extend the warranty.
I was a little nervous to buy a seat that has just come out, but figured I could be willing to give it a try as long as when we got it home, it seemed like a quality product. We've not had one complaint about the EFTA until now when DS himself started mentioning he wasn't comfortable; it's been an awesome seat, so we were both hopeful Evenflo would continue to make us happy. It's, of course, too soon to tell, but I can say that when we got the seat out of the box, I was very, very pleasantly surprised. The quality seems great- the padding is comfortable and doesn't give too easily. The rest of the seat is pretty plush, at least IMO. DS is in college to become a doctor and even he was impressed with the construction which is no small feat- he didn't particularly like the Nautilus' design because of the headrest. The Generations 65 has an adjustable headrest and DS sits in it and has plenty of room to grow.
Anyways, I thought I'd just share that you might be able to find the seat for sale already and if anyone wants further information, measurements, or pictures, let me know! :) As for me, I'm excited to get this in the car and try it out.

ADS
Waiting for pics!
I posted a few on this thread

OP - what is your DS's torso height (seated distance from bum to shoulder)? The one concern I'd have with opting for the Generations65 over the Nautilus is that the top harness slot of the Generations65 is lower than the top harness slot of the Nautilus, so the harness of the Generations would be outgrown by height earlier than the Nautilus.

jaclynb

We also purchased the generations 65 this weekend, 2 actually! Like you, we previously had an Evenflo and were happy with it so we wanted to give it a try. So far we are very happy with our decision.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC