Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you were handed $200 to purchase a convertible seat today which would it be and why?

If you were handed $200 to purchase a convertible seat today which would it be and why?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: If you were handed $200 to purchase a convertible seat today which would it be and why?

What car? What age and weight child? What *I* might buy would be different from what *you* should buy based on those answers
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Re: If you were handed $200 to purchase a convertible seat today which would it be and why?

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    What car? What age and weight child? What *I* might buy would be different from what *you* should buy based on those answers
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    7 months - 28 inches - 16 lbs 3ozs
    Currently in a Graco Snugride

I would get a First Years True Fit or a Roundabout 50 for my kids, in my cars.

The My Ride 65 and Evenflo Triumph Advance are also nice and affordable seats that many people enjoy, but they didn't work well for us
    Kate, mama to O (11), J (9) and H (5)!

Me, I would scrounge up $2 more and order a true fit premiere.

If you're not wanting to use the full $200, then the MyRide or EFTA
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

Quote Originally Posted by AustinsMommy View Post
    Me, I would scrounge up $2 more and order a true fit premiere.

If you're not wanting to use the full $200, then the MyRide or EFTA
    Whats the difference between the "regular" True Fit and the Premiere? And where can you get it for $202?

I'd buy a radian. Or, for my van I might buy a britax to get a seat up on a base in order to puzzle, but only because my dd is almost 5 years old and only 31 pounds.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

$200?
    Hmm..
    If we pretend I can't find any good deals I would get a TF or possibly a MR.
    With sales and coupons, etc, I would debate between a MA or RN. With a child that little a MA would last long enough for me save to a newer covertible with a higher RF limit and more leg room a few years down the road.
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

True fit
    DS 9 years old, 57# 50.5in in a Evenflo Amp LBB 01 Honda Accord, Graco TB LBB 03 Honda Pilot
    DD 6 years old 43.5# 44in Recaro ProBooster 01 Honda Accord, Britax Frontier85 03 Honda Pilot

Senior Community Member jujumum's Avatar

RA50 in cowmoo. I my Britax seats.

Lisa
    DD2 - 9 yrs,, TB lbb/Affix, DS2 - 7 yrs, Chicco Kitfit, TBSS Affix
    DD1 & DS1 safely using adult seat belts (18 yrs & 15 yrs)

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

I would get a graco my ride. If I had an extra, say, $50 or so I'd get a safety 1st complete air or radian.
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

CPS Advocate

I would get a Graco My Ride. I wouldn't get a True Fit (unless they raise their rear facing weight limit to 40 pounds )

Senior Community Member

Truefit or Roundabout50, whichever I liked better IRL and worked best for the child and vehicle fitwise.
    J-10.5 yrs, 100 lbs, 4 ft 10.5 ins-adult seatbelt
    C-9yrs-Britax Parkway SG, Clek ozzi, Incognito
    S-6.5 yrs -Britax Parkway SG,

The My Ride 65 hands down. It has a 40lb weight limit, good tall shell, easy to install, easy to use, fits great in a small car RF, very comfortable & very affordable. It is my 2nd most favorite seat.
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Hmm, the child seems pretty small-medium sized (comparatively-- I have giant kids.) And young; growth patterns are still changing at that age.

If child has a long-ish torso, True Fit (Premiere if it can be found for that price.) If child has a short-ish torso, MyRide.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Bug View Post
    Whats the difference between the "regular" True Fit and the Premiere? And where can you get it for $202?
    The premiere has the anti-rebound bar, and makes reaching the adjuster much easier. $202 at thefirstyears.com with code LCFRIEND. You have to sign up for an account to use the code, but it's free and only takes a minute. And they have free shipping right now.
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

TFP!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

True Fit Premier if I could get it for that price. If I couldn't, then a MyRide or an original True Fit.
    DD - 6/12/08 - FF in a Plum RXT
    DD - 7/13/12 - RF in a Cherry Pie CCO

Carseat Crazy

I would get a radian 65, which you can find for less than $200, as long as it RF to 40lbs (so as long as it's made after 9/08). If you have more to add, I'd get a radian XT on sale (kohls with coupon, see thread here...)

Othewise, I'd get a myride. I really do love that seat!

Maria, mommy to DS 5/10/06 49lbs, 49" FF in britax parkway/recaro signo/GN DD 5/14/08 38lbs 40" FF in Meghan BLVD/RN XTSL flora/recaro signo
    and now welcoming DD2 12/10/12 RF in a keyfit

Senior Community Member jeminijad's Avatar

True Fit Premiere, or whichever Radian I could get for under $200.

If no sale on those, Marathon. They have had several covers under $200 online lately. If no sale on that, Roundabout 50.