radian xt question

aisraeltax

i am still contemplating the radian xt issue.

i found a deal on a Radian XT that i can get for approx. $200 (kohls deal w/ cash back open a new account etc.etc.). this would save us about $100 instead of waiting for the new Radian XT.

son is about 36 lbs. right now. im considering getting the 40 lb. XT and just getting the harness kit or whatever when he hits 40lbs?

wwyd? im tired of waiting on the new XT but also have to admit saving about $100 right would be nice.

ADS

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
at that weight i would wait for the 45 lb seat if you really intend to RF for a while longer. just my :twocents:

aisraeltax

the reason im considering not waiting though, is that i prob. have 6-9 months before he gets to 40 lbs. With $100 savings, and buying a new "harness kit" or whatever, then i just dont see an advantage to waiting for the newer one...plus a reason to spend the extra money (other than the cooler covers).

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
the reason im considering not waiting though, is that i prob. have 6-9 months before he gets to 40 lbs. With $100 savings, and buying a new "harness kit" or whatever, then i just dont see an advantage to waiting for the newer one...plus a reason to spend the extra money (other than the cooler covers).

The other factor is you may be fine with ff'ing him at 4.5yrs old. :shrug-shoulders:

I'd probably buy it now to save the $100. Re-evaluate when he's nearing 40lbs if you want to buy the extra kit or not. 4yrs old is the normal ff'ing age in Sweden, so if 40lbs is getting him there, then I don't think there's a big need to pay more money for an extra 5lbs.

(Just my honest opinion... I think there comes an age where the benefit to rf'ing is so minuscule that there is no sense in putting extra money and resources in to it. And 4yrs old and 40lbs is absolutely big enough to fall in to that category for me personally.)

aisraeltax

thanks. i am looking for all opinions, but i am leaning toward saving the $100 (and really, its actually $140 b/c Kohl's has a Kohl's cash of an additional $40..i dont shop there very much but im sure there is something we could use from there....we are a family of 6).

he will be 4 1/1...i think he will make it at least a few months, if not more, past his 4th bday before he hits 40 lbs.

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
OP, sorry, I didn't pay attention to hold old he was. And if you think you have a good 6 months before he hits 40 lbs, then yes, I too would save the $100 and get one now :)

aisraeltax

what is this "harness kit" you speak of....?
i am trying to decide what to do with the XT situation also.

apparently SK is saying that the seats that RF to 40 lbs. will be able to retroactively RF to 45 lbs. IF we buy a "harness kit" to replace teh one that comes with the 40 lb. one.

nothing is released yet and its a gamble, i know..but its something that i am considering gambling on in order to get the seat now and save some $$$.

and no, saving $$ isnt the priority here, but if i can get a seat for this much less and simply buy a harness kit when he hits 40 lbs., i see no reason not to (other than not as nice a cover and to eliminate the hassle of getting the harness kit...neither issue is a huge deal to me).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC