Seat Check??

Mommy2Marcus

So...I was wondering if I should go get my MR checked? I have had other seats checked & they have always commented that they are amazed b/c my seats are properly installed & very tight. However I was just thinking that since the MR is a newer seat that I should possibly go have it checked. I am off 3 days this week & will have the time to do so. Just wondered what others think about this? Do you think it is nessicary to have each new seat you purchase & install checked? I think I would feel better if I had it checked out. Just wondering. Thanks!

ADS

Beckers

I would, if you feel like the techs in your area are worth the trip. I had mine checked the other day, and the woman was very nice and was a good tech, but I had her stumped with my FPSVD and Monterey. She tried to tell me that the FPSVD might have to be tethered RF when I told her it was made by Britax. Then I had to put the Monterey back in myself b/c she'd never seen a latching booster.

I was told I need to take the tech course and was invited to come help out at checks, lol. :D

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
You're fine. You read the instructions, you know how to properly lock the seat belt system in your vehicle and what a proper installation looks and feels like. You have successfully installed other seats in the same position and had them checked and proclaimed perfect.

Unless you have a question or feel like something is off, I think you have been around this block enough times to be able to trust yourself.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I totally agree with Kimberly. :thumbsup:

Normally, I would suggest that most parents should get their seats checked. But for folks who have been hanging out here for a while and absorbing the knowledge, whose seats are tight, who don't have questions, etc. it doesn't really seem necessary. (Though of course if you want to, by all means do so. :))

Joyofbirth

Sorry, hit thanks by accident.

I would if you have a friend with poor carseat usage. I got a Regent for my dd and had some questions about it and wanted it checked. And Ihad a friend who needed help. I asked her if she would go along with me and get her seats checked too.

Mommy2Marcus

You're fine. You read the instructions, you know how to properly lock the seat belt system in your vehicle and what a proper installation looks and feels like. You have successfully installed other seats in the same position and had them checked and proclaimed perfect.

Unless you have a question or feel like something is off, I think you have been around this block enough times to be able to trust yourself.

I totally agree with Kimberly. :thumbsup:

Normally, I would suggest that most parents should get their seats checked. But for folks who have been hanging out here for a while and absorbing the knowledge, whose seats are tight, who don't have questions, etc. it doesn't really seem necessary. (Though of course if you want to, by all means do so. :))

Thanks Ladies! I didn't really think I needed it checked just wanted to make sure that I was not being negletful in not getting it done. It makes me feel good to know that you ladies think I am capable of getting a seat installed properly.

However I am still thinking of getting it done just to show them how an almost 3 year old fits RF. Would that be horrible of me? I was just hoping maybe IF they seen an older RF child they would see that it is not horrible to suggest to people about RF.

Mae

I've never gotten a seat of mine checked by a CPST. :duck:

I think I trust myself enough and trust everybody here, along with everything else that the above posters have said. Whenever I've had a question, I've asked and been answered very well. I felt confident that it was done correctly. If I wasn't so confident, yes I'd be getting it checked.

I think you'll be fine without getting it checked, no neglect here! And yes, I'd be very tempted to go just to show them a RF 3YO :whistle:.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC