Anyone ever use the "Carseat Buddy" to aid in installation?

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Has anyone ever used the Carseat Buddy to aid in installing car seats? I've thought about getting one ever since I saw www.carseatbuddy.com on the back of a van last year (it's apparently a local-ish company) but now that I have three Radians, I really think I might need one. The RF belt path is soooo narrow that I have a hard time getting the seat belt through it, and it kills my hands.

Anyway, anyone ever use one?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

some of the girls who run the health department fitting station have something similar, except it rolls up like the snap bracelets from the 80's- totally handy.

itzmeigh

I could see the appeal. Especially if I were doing installs at a clinic. (Even thought I guess really you are only suppose to be teaching the parents how to do it... And they wouldn't have one all the time...)

As is however my hand is small enough that its not so hard for me to reach through.

But if it wasn't too expensive, $10 or less, then I think I'd like to have one. Oh, and if it was flexable. I could see it being a pain (or not as handy) if it wasn't very flexable.

MANDY1234

I do Have a carseat buddy!! Her name is Brooke and she is 4 yr old and has tiny hand to fit into the RF belt path of my RN :) I:love:her!!

Sound cool though...I could have totally used this yeaterday when I cleaned out my car :)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I have both a car seat buddy type thing (plastic key shape thingy) and the snap-bracelet thing. I hardly ever use either of them. My hands are pretty small and I can reach all the way through the rfing belt path of a RN. I did use them when I had a broken finger and they were quite handy.

littleangelfire

I think it totally depends upon the seat. I wouldn't want or need it with a Britax convertible or the Regent. But on the seats my son used to have: Summit, Evenflo Chase yes definitely! I have small hands, and those holes tore up my hands every time I had to install. I hated it.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I bet that would be handy for the rf belt path on the CA as well. I could not get my hand in that thing it was so small. I've never used one and likely would not buy one since my own seats don't need it but it looks handy!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC