Think it's okay for now?

Mommyto3kiddos

Think it's okay for now? Pictures added

With so much going on I was not able to get my DS the Nautilus like I wanted to to keep him harnessed. We were able to get him a Turbo booster (HB) though as that was all our budget allowed for and we found it on sale. It's the TB that has the extra padding almost like a pilow. Think it will be okay until we get our taxes and we have the money to buy the other seat?

DS has been riding in a HBTB for a few weeks now as he outgrew his other seat. He is 42" and weighs somewhere between 39-40 lbs (depends on the day.) I also put DD back into her HBTB since DS got a new one while riding in the Jeep. He has been doing awesome since we got the new seat and he actually told DD that she needed to sit right in hers today and then told me when she was leaning out. I was proud that he remembered. It fits him well.

The first one the back is raised from the shortest position 1 click and the other two are it raised 2 clicks. Sorry they aren't the best. They were taken in my 2 door Sunfire since DH is at work with the Jeep and being preggo wasn't the easiest to squish in.

Last edited:
ADS

lovinwaves

Wow, that's awesome that he seems to be aware of needing to sit correctly!

I think it will be up to you to make the determination on if he is safe enough or not. Just keep an eye on him and how he sits in it. If you seatbelts lock (pull the seatbelt all the way out then let it lock while it retracts back in) I would probably do that too.

If there is a middle position available in the car that has a 3-point buckle, I would put him there. Yeah, if you can get some pictures of him in it, and we can let you know if everything looks good :)

Qarin

My 4.5yo is like this, too, very alert to sitting right in the booster, and tattles on her older sister when sister leans out even the tiniest bit. I'm not comfortable with her in a booster fulltime (we're in the car a lot), but for all the secondary vehicles she rides in she does great, and if I absolutely had to move her to a booster fulltime I believe it would now be OK.

How old? If that is all you can afford now and it fits properly, then I say it is good. :)
My 4 1/2 year old would sit perfectly in a booster, he tattles on Michael when Michael is out of position! LOL!
Since I have HWH seats, he will stay in them though. He is 38 pounds though and teeny torso-so I feel better with him in a HWH.

obamamama

I think he's going to be fine. Give it some time and if he needs reminders from you or someone else to sit upright, then maybe try again to finance the Nautilus. I put my dd into a booster this past year and she knows why she has to sit fine, she was just turning 6 then.

All kids are different and some "get it" about sitting in boosters at 4.5 and some don't til they are older. My almost 11 year old still messes around sometimes in a booster, but he can't go into a harnessed seat anymore.

Maedze

You definitely want the head rest at two clicks :thumbsup:

Did you remember to put the screws in the armrests?

As an aside, we also have a Lizards in Line. I love that pattern! My son has ridden in it well since his fourth birthday.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC