Sandbox EFTA buckle question (or any EFTA of that era)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
What's up with buckle tongues digging into thighs? I had a couple come in today complaining that their dd's legs are being very dug into, I even went out to look at the seat and it looked 'normal', I couldn't really grasp what their issue was. The mom showed me that the tongues curve down too much below the buckle on the sides, so I guess I could kind of understand, and then I was such a dolt I didn't really realize the buckle can be moved out a notch..but something made me think that wouldn't improve it or make them happy (I went through hours of shopping with them 6 months ago when their kid was WAY too big for a SR 22...sigh...).

I tried to get them to try the FR, but the 'almost 2 yo' kept motioning and whimpering at the Turbo. I told the dad "NO" to that, but I'm sure they'll just buy it elsewhere. Sigh.

So I told them I'd never heard of this problem...has anyone had it? I read the new generation buckles are too high in the belly (and they are simply huge, what's up with that? but they curve around the thighs nicer, it seems...).... but... what's the deal? The kid was very tall for an almost 2 yo, but not overweight at all.

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Hmmm, I will have to ask my daycare mama if her little man is having any problems with the buckle. She has my Sandbox EFTA now for her FF 18mth old who is VERY tiny and weighs only 22lbs.:thumbsdown:

featherhead

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed with the buckle on my EFTA. The floor model had the older square buckle, and I loved the way my dd2 fit in it. But the one we bought came with the newer, bigger buckle, and I don't like it. I have to keep the straps just a touch looser than I would like to keep her somewhat comfortable. I'm sure if I tightened it more she would puke every time she was in the seat (she pukes enough as it is).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC