Got my Skurvy Oobr -Monterey vs Oobr

puglover333

Got my Skurvy Oobr!

Here it is!
DSC01109.jpg

Here are pics taken today comparing the oobr to monterey. I think the fit is equally good. He seems to have about an inch more growing room in the Monterey.

Fit in Monterey
DSC01103.jpg

Fit in Oobr
DSC01106.jpg

Growing room in Monterey
DSC01104.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

Growing room in Oobr
DSC01107.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

ADS

disbugsmomma

I love that seat! I think that will be the "must buy" seat when dd is big enough. One question though. Can it be used without latch? Neither vehicle we have has latch.

Kat_Momof3

oh thank god... a reason for me not to lust after the oobr... well, more than one... that extra inch is a big inch for me... but the width room for shoulders is just... WOW... what a difference in space... and Jeffrey is using his fully expanded now.

Also, the headwings on the monterey look like they come out more and are just more protective and supportive

ginny4

thanks for pics. i agree with PP the extra inch makes a difference. we need all the room we can get for us too.

J-max

CPST Instructor
Thanks!

If you could only pick one, which woudl it be? I want to get a booster for dd#2 to start booster training in, and I basically had it down to these 2. I know some do not like how heavy the Oobr is and would not use it with out LATCH - what do you think? I would most likely to go in a position without LATCH.

puglover333

Thanks!

If you could only pick one, which woudl it be? I want to get a booster for dd#2 to start booster training in, and I basically had it down to these 2. I know some do not like how heavy the Oobr is and would not use it with out LATCH - what do you think? I would most likely to go in a position without LATCH.

That's a tough one. The Monterey offers a bit more room - both in width and in height. The covers on the Monterey (except for pink) are mesh, and mine is showing some wear after less than a year. The Oobr covers are supposed to be super sturdy. I adore the Skurvy cover! There is supposed to be some benefit in SIP with the rigid latch (although you wouldn't be using this feature, so that shouldn't matter to you). I would use either without LATCH, but wouldn't feel comfortable unless they were belted in when unoccupied.

I went with the Oobr mostly for the cover.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Thanks!

Well, the latch issue is really not an issue since both are heavy seats and both are latchable. I'm ok without that extra inch. My dd is average height and will make it a long time in either seat then go backless.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC