Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Travel booster question

My dd will be 9 at the end of June. She is 53" tall and 70 lbs. We will be traveling next week and driving a rental car at our destination. In the past we have taken the foldable travel booster to put in the overhead bin on the plane, but her seated height now makes her too tall for it. We have also used bubble bum boosters for travel. Both of them that we have seem to no longer hold any air. I assume that means we should no longer use them either? That leaves me with no booster to travel with for her to use. At home she is still harnessed in Britax Frontiers, but I am definitely not taking one of those on the plane at her current age. I don't think I should take a chance on her being able to safely fit in a rental van without a booster. Should I buy another bubble booster? I think the myfit doesn't get great reviews, right? What advice can you offer? Thank you!
    daughter - 10 yr, 100 lb, 55”, Seat belt
    daughter - 7yo, 47lbs, 49”, ff in Britain frontier
    Niece - 3 years old, 25 lb, 38 inches in radian at home, rf in radian with me
    niece - 15months old, 18.5llb , 24", rf in a Radian at home and with me

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Travel booster question

I would probably buy another bubble bum or grab a booster like the harmony youth booster from Walmart. I had the Chicco KidFit and really liked it when we used it. The one thing I didn't love about it was you needed to buckle the booster in when using latch in with the back on according to Chicco.

CPS Technician

Re: Travel booster question

I’d do a Safety 1st Incognito or a $12 Cosco Rise from Walmart. The Graco TurboBooster Takealong or the Graco Turbo Go could also be good options to look at.