Need help with Naulitlus adjustments.

HKP1042

Ok so I decided to get the Nautilus instead of the Generation 65 but am having trouble deciding which slot to use on it for ds.

The one slot is literally right at (but just barely) his shoulders and provides a better position for the headrest part. The next slot up seems too high and put the headrest in a wierd spot with his cheeks and ears at the red booster slots. Which should I use?

Here's some pics:
This is the lower slot:
Picture423.jpg

And what I think is the better headrest fit (lower slot):
Picture426.jpg

Here is the next slot up:
Picture422.jpg

And the headrest when it's on that slot:
Picture425.jpg

So which slot should I use?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Try it installed in the vehicle because that often provides a different fit. If he's right at the slot in the house, he'll likely be above it in the car. If in doubt, move it up. I know the headrest looks funny when you first move it up, but Graco has confirmed that it's fine.

HKP1042

Thanks I will try it in the car :) I was thinking I would need to go with the higher one but wanted to make sure since it looks so awkward.

jaclynb

Hi, I am new here and came across this post. My exact dilemma is to go with the Nautilus or the Generations 65. Can i ask why yu choose the Nautulus over the Generations 65?

HKP1042

I liked them both and money has been tight. I have been pinching pennies for a Nautilus because ds is getting too tall for his other seats (weight isn't really an issue since he's only 34 lbs.). So I was excited when I saw the Generations 65 was coming out.

After going to BRU several times and looking at the seats and having ds sit in them, I still liked them both and the Generations is much cheaper. But I have wanted a Nautilus for over a year now and i just kinda felt that I would regret not buying it if i didn't. But I also have another child that will be using it in 2 years when our other seat expires so I decided to spend the extra money and get what I really wanted.

With that said I did like the Generations 65 and it was a nice seat. If I didn't have another child to use it after I would have definatly gone wit hthe cheaper Generations but I figured I would get my mney's worth out of the Nautilus.

jaclynb

Thank you for your response. I am going tomorrow to "touch and feel" them to see what one I like better. I am going to have DS sit in them both as well. I was planning on getting the Nautilus but saw the Generations 65 today and figured I'd better look into it. I am not really leaning one way or the other yet, just waiting to see what happens tomorrow. Thanks again!!

HKP1042

Ok so it fits much better installed in the car. The gap and wierd positin of the headrest isn't bad now.

I never would have thought it would be different in the car than on the floor. Thanks ladies!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I never would have thought it would be different in the car than on the floor. Thanks ladies!

Yeah, it's strange but most kids tend to lose as much as a whole slot when the Nautilus is installed in the vehicle compared to when they tried it out in the store or at home. :) My DS was below the second-from-bottom slot when he tried it out (at 1 week shy of 7 years!) and then when we bought one and installed it a couple of weeks later, he definitely needed the third slot. I know he did not grow that much in a couple of weeks. :p

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Hi, I am new here and came across this post. My exact dilemma is to go with the Nautilus or the Generations 65. Can i ask why yu choose the Nautulus over the Generations 65?

The main reason woudl be the fact that the top slots on the nautilus are about 2 entire inches taller than on the Generations. In real world use, this translates into a year or even 2 years of difference as to how long the seat fits a child before being outgrown by height, so a very significant difference.
Now, if you have a tiny kid, and it is the differnce between say...5.5 and 7, it isn't so extreme..but for people with average or large kids, it could very well be the difference between age 3 (completely unacceptable for a booster) and 4.5, which is a very important difference.
My dd just turned 5 years old this week, and would have alerady outgrown the generations 65and yet has one more entire slot to go in the nauti..and she is all of 41 pounds.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC