Radian installed in a 01 CRV

cryswilkins

Anyone know if there is even a remote possibility that this will work in an 01 CRV, FF in the center with a lap belt? I am thinking not, but a girl can dream right?

ADS

BW1426

Anyone know if there is even a remote possibility that this will work in an 01 CRV, FF in the center with a lap belt? I am thinking not, but a girl can dream right?

I pride myself in being the radian queen and I've been wanting to make a trip to the outlets soon :whistle:

Do you have a radian?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd say you have a better chance with a lap belt than you would with a lap-shoulder... I've found lap belt installs to be easier in general than lap-shoulder with the Radian especially. But, no guarantees, just have to try it I guess!

romanoma

I don't know how different the seats are from an 01 to an 05, but I can get it center with lap-shoulder belt (is this what you meant OP?) in my 05 crv. 05 was the year just before the major remodel of the CRV, so the seats may be very similar.

You do have to twist the belt stalk and pull the seat away from the bight. Also have to use the recline foot. I'm not a tech, and I have wondered about the distance I've pulled mine from the seat bight, but the way I have done it it is rock the car solid both side to side and front to back. The bottom of the radian is still 100% on the car's seat. Seems very safe and solid to me. If I was going to put my kiddo in it I would have it checked or post pics here first, but I'd say you've got a good chance, especially if the radian queen is helping you :).

Let me know how it goes for you!

cryswilkins

I don't know how different the seats are from an 01 to an 05, but I can get it center with lap-shoulder belt (is this what you meant OP?) in my 05 crv. 05 was the year just before the major remodel of the CRV, so the seats may be very similar.

You do have to twist the belt stalk and pull the seat away from the bight. Also have to use the recline foot. I'm not a tech, and I have wondered about the distance I've pulled mine from the seat bight, but the way I have done it it is rock the car solid both side to side and front to back. The bottom of the radian is still 100% on the car's seat. Seems very safe and solid to me. If I was going to put my kiddo in it I would have it checked or post pics here first, but I'd say you've got a good chance, especially if the radian queen is helping you :).

Let me know how it goes for you!

05 and 01 are totally different. :( The 01 is the fist generation and it only has a lab belt in the center.

I pride myself in being the radian queen and I've been wanting to make a trip to the outlets soon :whistle:

Do you have a radian?

We could meet, but I am booked until mid October :(

I don't have one. We want to buy a new vehicle, but I would love to be able to keep this on for a while since its paid off. If I can get 3 across with 2 KF30s (one for me, on for a friends baby) then I can make it work longer. I can't get the MA to install next to the KF RF or FF. I can get it next to the GN but no way another seat would fit. I was thinking that the Radian or the Frontier may work. I am just really unsure whether its even doable with a lap belt only.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC