Low balling for a BJCED?

4boysmom

I saw this on Craigslist this morning. It links to a buy it now or best offer on Ebay-

"Baby Jogger City Elite Double Jogging Stroller $80
Date: 2009-09-02, 9:29AM

The Baby Jogger City Elite double jogging stroller is equipped with premium features such as Quick-Fold Technology, near-flat recline vented seats with a retractable weather cover, and 12-in wide-tread comfort-ride pneumatic tires.
It's also set-up with a 6-pocket parent console, an adjustable handlebar, and a large bubble canopy with clear view windows and side ventilation panels."
--------------
Thing is the BIN price is the "going rate" $450ish for the classic and $649 for the Elite iirc. This seems to state that the $649 stroller is $80... now I wouldn't offer that little but would it be ridiculous to offer the classic price for the elite?

ADS

4boysmom

yeah it just takes you to whoevers store... does that mean it is a scam or just that this seller is going to be getting a bunch of unsolicited/weird low ball offers? It does seem there are too many "steps" involved as the clickable link in the CL ad is for "http://www.feerwide.com" but clicking it takes you to babiecradle... I never figure in a million years one could get a nib $650 stroller for $80... my dh is mostly unemployed but our double instep is begining to die so while not desperate just yet my eyes sure are wandering ;)

lovinwaves

So you found a listing where it says $80? :confused: That's what I am trying to find. Or is that just what your Craigslist said? How about you link me to the Craigslist ad.

Yeah, that website link on your craigslist just dangled a carrot in your face showing a new BJ for $80. That linked you to their site which makes money, then to Ebay.

But basically, yeah, you aren't going to get it for $80. For one, this seems like a gimic of clicky links, and two, that kind of offer just doesn't exist. Well, I suppose there is a slight chance someone out there is selling one that cheap, but I highly doubt it.

How about you tell us your budget for a new double, and we can help you find one. :)

4boysmom

http://houston.craigslist.org/bab/1354719168.html original posting. not local to me just saw on craigshelper offshoot. so yeah no actual link to an $80 anything just something to piche ones interest I guess.

Our budget is probably just about nothing (I think we will be needing to get 1-2 new boosters for the van in the next few weeks), or whatever I can get selling things off CL in the next few weeks but I was able to get a classic in my shopping cart at Albee for 359.99 so I guess like 350-400. I was all set to get the classic but then I got discomboobalated. I need something with tall seat backs. The instep I have is 17 of solid seat back (seat to top of head support) and like 23 inches to the metal bar that supports the canopy. The classic is listed as being 22 and the Elite at 26 but in your thread comparing the single mini to single elite you mention that the elite has a 21 inch measurement ( http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=79994 ) which seems like a huge inconsistency (is the 26 some other measurement like how tall a child can ride in it before hitting their head?) and makes me wonder how tall the classic's seat back is/how much room above the head there is. Like the instep jogger I have has a 17 inch seat back but a 22 inch tall (seat to top of head) kid can fit in it with the shade folded back w/o being horribly smushed... need it for walking uneven sidewalks 4 miles a day and hopping into curbs with a full load of kid in it.

BigDaddy

It's not really a scam, as much as it is spam. Basically, they flood CL with things like you saw to get people to click their link. feerwide.com redirects to their affiliate site babycradle.com. The links on that site put a cookie on your computer that allows ebay to track you, and the spammers get a commision when you buy anything on ebay.

Before purchasing anything on ebay, delete your cookies and click this link, so that car-seat.org gets the commision and not the spammer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC