Nix that idea

Splash

We both really wanted the EFTA for AJ's van. He looked so cute and comfy in it and she really liked it. But we bought one and put him in it today, really got the harness where it needed to be... no go. That buckle really is horrid. I put a belly pad from the GN over it, nope, still bad. I took the infant insert out, that made it worse.

So tomorrow, back it goes. I guess I'll try to install the MR and see if I can get it upright enough. Rats. He was so cute.

ADS

Valentine

Oh man, it's still pokey even with a belly pad? That's really too bad. Make sure you complain to Evenflo. It stinks; that was such a nice seat.

Mommy2Marcus

I am sorry! I absolutly :love: my EFTA! I hate that they put a new horrible crotch buckle on it.

I got the MR pretty upright in my car today with nothing to help the recline. I would say I got it pretty close to 30. The ball is right inside the green for the recline. I will try to get pics of it tomorrow & get them up if it is not raining. So it is possible to get a more upright install with the MR. However I do not think you could EVER get it under reclined. LOL! Good Luck!

FLmom

Let me know if you want to come play with my MR:) Sorry the EFTA didn't work for you. I really liked it too but it's so wide and well you know the issues with my backseat:rolleyes:

Splash

I tried telling AJ that if I could get it upright in YOUR car, then her van will be no problem. She doesn't dislike the SEAT, she just doesn't like how reclined it is.
I really like the EFTA. I've loved it since it hit the market and before the TF it was my all around top pick and very often recommended. Easy to install, fits newborns well, lasts a long time RF and FF. But yeah, that buckle is horrible. Even with the belly pad it drove it straight into his gut and all I could think of was "shield slap" (why t-shields were removed from the market). Once we took the infant insert out it centered the buckle a little better but then because it was SO high it looked like it was bisecting him! No no no.
Silly to say, but I almost want to just buy another Cocorro. It fits him SO nicely and he's so comfy and it's just such a nice seat. But completely pointless in the van. Perfect for my car because of the small back seat, but I could put a baby elephant in the van and still have room.
I really wish I didn't know anything about seats or have high standards. Can't I just get a ComfortSport and be done with it?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Because I'm persnickety... no, 5 point harness buckles are nothing like T-shields. They have lap straps, and abdominal injuries are not a problem from any buckle, since if you watch crash tests, the head is the part that flies forward with the most force. Of course if it pinches your kid and makes him cry, I'm not saying it doesn't suck, but there's not a *danger* to it.
Carry on with your seat search... :love:

all together ooky

I dislike the EFTA. Sorry it's not making you happy. I say just get the Cocorro. Who cares if it's small? It fits him and he's comfy in it. Then when he starts to outgrow it RF maybe there will be a new seat you can buy (you know you will anyway).

Splash

Because I'm persnickety... no, 5 point harness buckles are nothing like T-shields. They have lap straps, and abdominal injuries are not a problem from any buckle, since if you watch crash tests, the head is the part that flies forward with the most force. Of course if it pinches your kid and makes him cry, I'm not saying it doesn't suck, but there's not a *danger* to it.
Carry on with your seat search... :love:

I *know* it's not the same. I also know that "Night of the Living Dead" is not gonna hurt me, but I still don't watch it. That buckle, once tight enough, DUG his belly bad. I don't need my kid's seat to heimlich him.

macmomma

I tried telling AJ that if I could get it upright in YOUR car, then her van will be no problem. She doesn't dislike the SEAT, she just doesn't like how reclined it is.
I really like the EFTA. I've loved it since it hit the market and before the TF it was my all around top pick and very often recommended. Easy to install, fits newborns well, lasts a long time RF and FF. But yeah, that buckle is horrible. Even with the belly pad it drove it straight into his gut and all I could think of was "shield slap" (why t-shields were removed from the market). Once we took the infant insert out it centered the buckle a little better but then because it was SO high it looked like it was bisecting him! No no no.
Silly to say, but I almost want to just buy another Cocorro. It fits him SO nicely and he's so comfy and it's just such a nice seat. But completely pointless in the van. Perfect for my car because of the small back seat, but I could put a baby elephant in the van and still have room.
I really wish I didn't know anything about seats or have high standards. Can't I just get a ComfortSport and be done with it?

OMG:eek: It took me a while but know I know who you are:D I had emailed you a few month ago about a recommendation for car seats ( I read your blog)- I told you that we were in the process of becoming foster parents:D This is sooo cool! Yes, you did recommend the EFTA and the true fit, I went with the EFTA.... don't care for it either but for the moment it will do.... So nice to see your here and I had no idea you were a tech:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC