Our two new XTs are here! Question about sidewings (pics inside)

triscuitsmom

We got two XTs this week for Tobias. I love them. I bought the Rio because I loved it and then he got a Malibu as well because he really wanted a pink seat. I cannot say enough good things about Junior Baby... shipping was FAST (ordered processed and shipping notification sent in less than an hour the second time) and I couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction.

My question come in with the SIP wings. Tobias is on the third slot for rear facing and the SIP wings surround his whole head. The problem is that Linus is also on the third harness slot despite the age difference and the SIP wings do not go low enough to surround his whole head. I know that if it's the first or second slot they go all the way up not down, but he's way above the second slot... Do you it's a problem to have them where they are, only coming part way down his head? The seats are technically for Tobias but sometimes we need to play musical carseats.

CIMG7100.jpg

And just for fun... baby brother modeling the two new seats and yes I know the harness needs tightened, but I didn't want to make it tight until it was installed in the vehicle and Tobias was in it :thumbsup:

CIMG7098.jpg

CIMG7201.jpg

ADS

canadiangie

Yes, I think the wings look fine. As long as you're following what the manual says, I see no reason to worry about things.

Cute baby! :love:

Splash

They look fine, I LOVE their names. LOVE them. Linus would never ever work with my last name (commonly mispronounced as Linus), but I've begged to use Tobias for years (or Tobin if she won't go with Tobias).
So, I love your kids' names. And I really love that you got him a pink seat. Really love that.
A well named boy in a pink seat, right after my heart. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC