Going to lend Triumph to my cousin...tips??

SPJ&E

She lives about 1.5 hours away, so I see her once a week (on Sundays) when we all go to visit our grandparents. I was hoping that it would arrive by today so I can install it for her tomorrow, but no such luck! The tracking said it was supposed to arrive yesterday (Friday)...but nope.

So I talked to her and suggested that she borrow one of my seats for right now until the Marathon comes and I can install it for her. I told her that if he is any bit over the weight limit of his current seat (Snugride, 20 lbs.), he's not safe. I asked her if she wanted me to bring over one of my seats and install it for her, that way, when/if she does have to go somewhere, he's in a safe seat.

So tomorrow I'm going to take my Evenflo Triumph over and install it in her Tahoe. First, I'm going to show her how to use it (especially since it's different than other seats)...show her how the straps go, how tight they should be, and where the chest clip should be...all that good stuff.

Then her Marathon should come this week and when I go over next Saturday (we're switching to Saturdays), I'll install the Marathon for her...after I show her how everything works...where the harness should be (at or below shoulders), how tight it should be, how to tighten it, how to loosen it, where the chest clip goes...everything I can think of. I know that may seem silly...but she really doesn't know anything about carseats and I want to be sure she knows how everything works, especially since she's used to a 3 pt. Snugride right now!

Is there anything else you can think of that I should go over with her??

ADS

canadianmom2three

Well I like to think I'm pretty safety minded when it comes to car seats, but I am embarassed to admit I didn't know how dangerous it was to wash the straps with detergent...I shudder now to think about how I used VIM with bleach on my old seat to clean it up and sell it, and still feel guilty about the poor stranger who is riding with their child in it. :eek:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It sounds like you have it pretty much covered!

That is really nice of you to lend your Triumph to her. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC