Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    st995

Conv carseats needed for twins in a 2006 Subaru Outback

We have twins who will need to be in convertible car seats very soon. We intend on keeping them rear-facing until at least 24 months. We have a 2006 Subaru Outback and would be putting the twins in the outboard positions. Any recommendations on seats that will fit well in this car without hubby and me having to sit all the way forward in the front? I'm looking at the Radian, True Fit, Recaro Como and Evenflo Symphony. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

Re: Conv carseats needed for twins in a 2006 Subaru Outback

The Radian and the Como are very tall front-to-back, so they might not be what you're looking for here.

If you really like the Symphony, it's a fine seat, but IMO you can get more for your money with other seats. (Oh, are you looking at the 40# version or the 65# version?)
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart

Carseat Crazy

Are your kids tall and skinny? Short? Average? That may help us make a rec.

My sister has a 2000 outback sport and the Graco my ride fits very well. Her 10mo loves it. It is very wide, but you probably won't be able to fit anyone else in that backseat anyway with 2 convertibles. It's also nice for toddlers due to the cup holders. And the price is right, and at BRU you can use a coupon and a twin discount!!

Also, I have a recaro signo (the cousin of the como), and even though it is a tall seat it can be pretty upright for an older RFer. The height may be a problem for visibility with two of them back there, but it really doesn't take up much room front-to-back. I think BRU also carries these if you want to try them out, but then you can get a good deal online with thet 2008 models. The recaro seats have less leg room for RFers who are tall or very leggy, but my 16 mo still has lots of leg room and it seems to be a very comfy seat for her.

Also, you may want to try out the radian in your car before you swear them off. Usually, it is a very reclined seat when RF so it often leaves very little room for front seat riders. But I don't know if the back seats are the same or similar to the outback, but in our 2007 forester, the radian naturally installs very upright due to she slope of the vehicle seat, more upright than in an accord or our CRV. (I wish I could get the same install in my CRV!!!!) If there is a buy buy baby near you you could try it out.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Maria, mommy to DS 5/10/06 49lbs, 49" FF in britax parkway/recaro signo/GN DD 5/14/08 38lbs 40" FF in Meghan BLVD/RN XTSL flora/recaro signo
    and now welcoming DD2 12/10/12 RF in a keyfit

Carseat Crazy

When we went from infant seats to convertibles I found that we had much more room in the front seat. My twins are in the EFTAs, which I really like.

CPS Fanatic

The radian won't work in the outback unless the driver wants to eat dash! I'd check out the true fit, my ride, or britax marathon, boulevard, or roundabout50.
    Mommy to two wild little boys and a little princess!
    DS1 (01/05, 46 1/2", 44 lbs), Boring Gray Turbobooster / Harmony Literider
    DS2 (07/07, 39 1/2", 40lbs), Harvest Complete Air / Booster Training in a Maui Blue PWSG / RSTV
    DD (07/09, 33", 23lbs), rfing Flair MyRide / rfing Scenera

st995

The twins are small to average length and weight. We're looking for at least 60lb seats.