Seen another RF toddler today!!!!!!!!!

Mommy2Marcus

OMG! I am in total shock! I was on my lunch break at work today & while sitting in my car I seen a woman come out to her car with what looked to be about a 1 1/2 year old. I had been staring at the car trying to firgure out what kind of seat was in it & if it was RF or not. Well.........the car was a 2 door Mini Cooper & the little boy was 16 months old. He WAS still RF & in a EFTA! WOOT! I could not help but ask her about it. She said he was & would be for a long while to come! AWSOME! I was SO impressed. It is rare to see a RF 1 year old around here little on a 16 month old in a 2 door! LOL!

So I told her my son would be 3 soon & was still RF. I told her I also felt her pain on the RF in a 2 door. I invited her here as well. I am hoping she joins us to. She was really pasionate about it, knew about him being able to be more upright & the benefits. She also puts her DS in his seat the same way I do. She puts him in & then climbs into the seat beside him to buckle him. I told her it gets easier when he can climb in on his own, which she was glad to hear!

So....I was thrilled to see someone who knew. I also talked to another lady at checkout that I see ALL the time about it. She knew to. So in the last month or 2 I have seen & heard that alot more people are learning about ERF! So the word IS getting out. WWOT! Lets keep doing what we do & sharing the word. It seems to be helping!

ADS

KelliBella

That's terrific! Outside of my converted friends, I see a few extended RFer's here in VA. However, the larger Britax style seats are pretty popular where I live, so maybe that contributes to that, since the seats don't seem "outgrown" so fast. I do see a huge number of little tiny toddlers in super reclined FFing seats. I keep wanting to say, if you have to recline it that far, he/she should probably still be RFing. :eek:

Maybe continuing to try and reach the pediatricians is a good way to go about this. Our ped had no idea of the new AAP rec's for RFing. She was super glad to find out, since she tries really hard to pass along the latest info to her patients.

TiaxMarie

That's great! I rarely see RF toddlers here. I'm hoping at the check tomorrow we see some properly installed and restrained kiddos.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Awesome! I am hoping soon to be able to have 3 ERFers in my Corolla. :D It will be awesome. I figure I have to practice what I preach, right? :D

Spam

Awesome! I have yet to see another. I already get strange looks and A's only 14 months.

ilo

Great, especially that she was willing to RF bit longer. Some kids at DDs daycare RF around 16-18mo and then turn FF. I have never seen kids older than 18mo RF (except mine of course). 95% of the ppl have either marathon or boulevard here.

Amaris

I've seen 1, but I think she had outgrown the roundabout she was in. I get funny looks and have even had people come up and say that she can or should be ff'ing. I've tried to tell them why rf'ing is safer, but they just look at me like I'm the nutty one and walk off.

ceruti82

Glad to hear! Bella is gong to be 2 next month and still RF- but only know one or two others who RF toddlers :( a friend of mine said she would ERF her DD, but at about 15 months, she decided to FF- bcuz her "legs were too long" I sent her a few YouTube videos, but she still is FFing her. I did just tell another friend who was thinking of boostering her DS- to NOT booster him yet! He's only 3. Hopefully she holds off for a while longer.. A third friend wants to re-RF her DD , same age as mine, but her vehicle doesn't RF easily her Boulevard. Her DH is tall and can't fit with DD RF..

What else can I do in general to teach people about ERF? After learning so much on this site, I love spreading the word when I can! Tho I do get looks and questions as to why I am still RF my DD! "she's too old!" they say...! If only then knew! It's like some people just can't wait to FF and booster and even to have just a seatbelt so early!

Mommy2Marcus

I seen them again today! He is still RF! WOOT! She was VERY adamant that he would RF untill he no longer could!

However on the downside, I seen a 10 month old, 11 month old, 2-3 12 month olds & 2 13 month olds that were all FF. :( I was very sad. However I really could not say much. I did tell the ones with the 10 & 11 month old that my almost 3 year old was still RF, but they did not seem to take the bait. I said that hoping they would ask why so I could tell them. However it didn't work. I HATE bagging for this reason along.

emthecountrycat

i see VERY few RFing car seats around here and i think it has something to do with BRU telling people that you HAVE to turn your child arund at 20 pounds OR 1 year!!!!!!

kandamom

Glad to hear it!!

I never see rear facing toddlers where I live.:( I met another mom once who told me she had rear faced her (now older) daughter until age two. That's the closest I've ever come to actually seeing another rear facing toddler. Most of the people I see are pretty good about car seat and booster use in general, so it is a little puzzling to me.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
The only kids I've seen RF past 1/20 are the ones I got to ERF - a couple of friends, and people at seat checks (though I never see them after the seat check). I'm not counting kids who have clearly outgrown their infant seats but are still in them. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC