Another True Fit Question

Canadiangirl411

Installed rock solid ...at a 35 degree angle ...

I noticed today however both babies heads slumped forward when they were sleeping ..

Should we adjust this to a 45? It already has a rolled towel under it ...

I dont feel comfy with them like this at all!

Thanks!

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
Installed rock solid ...at a 35 degree angle ...

I noticed today however both babies heads slumped forward when they were sleeping ..

Should we adjust this to a 45? It already has a rolled towel under it ...

I dont feel comfy with them like this at all!

Thanks!

If they are slumping forward, and not to the side, then yes, I would recline it back a little more.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If they are slumping forward, and not to the side, then yes, I would recline it back a little more.

Yep, exactly.

Just because a baby *can* be more upright doesn't mean they have to be. And many kids can't tolerate a fully upright angle at that age. Based on your siggy your twins are 7mos old, right? So I'd aim to have them more at a 40* angle. You shouldn't need the line level to ground, but just a little more upright than that. You may need to use a larger rolled towel for the angle, or change how you're pressing on the seat when tightening the belt in order to get them a bit more reclined.

FWIW, my ds is almost 3 and still rides at probably closer to a 40* angle. There's no risk in having them reclined more provided the seat isn't over-reclined. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC