3 across in a Kia Spectra? Possible?

fyrfightermomma

My DH and I have our "big" ultrasound next week. My best friend is babysitting and has to pick up our oldest from school. So we will need to fit 3 seats in her tiny Kia. I have two Radians but I'm not even sure that's possible.

Her son has a FFing Scenera. I have a multitude of seats I could use, but have two Radians, a YS, a MA, and a GN. She is fine with me putting her son in any other seat to make it work.

Soooo anyone have any clue what I should do? I'd like DD2 to be RFing but if it doesnt happen, it doesn't happen. Is 3 even possible? If only I had three radians! Althought that might not even work either! LOL

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No ideas but commiseration here... I can't even get 3 Radians in my mom's Sentra, which is rather tiny in the back seat as well (though it looks like it is as big as ours on the outside-- it's not!) I had to get a RSTV to fit all my kids in my mom's car. Good luck!

Okay, one idea, maybe. They'd have to all be FF, but what about RN, MA, RN? The big Britax seats really really do overlap/puzzle well with Radians in the same direction.

I don't know how much room you have but you might even get RF Scenera, FF RN, FF MA.

fyrfightermomma

No ideas but commiseration here... I can't even get 3 Radians in my mom's Sentra, which is rather tiny in the back seat as well (though it looks like it is as big as ours on the outside-- it's not!) I had to get a RSTV to fit all my kids in my mom's car. Good luck!

Okay, one idea, maybe. They'd have to all be FF, but what about RN, MA, RN? The big Britax seats really really do overlap/puzzle well with Radians in the same direction.

I don't know how much room you have but you might even get RF Scenera, FF RN, FF MA.

I was thinking about the MA as well cause its higher than the Scenera. You've inspired me to try it next time I see her. I am fine with the youngest FFing. Its one trip, shes in a very good seat and well if its the only way it works there isnt much option!

Thanks for the idea!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I just saw in skiersnowboarder3's siggy that she has 3 across in her Kia Spectra. ( A combo of Radians and Nautiluses)

Ooh, good work! She also says a Radian will fit RF but it makes the front seat unusable, so it should go behind the passenger or in the middle. Looking at her siggy, she has LOTS more room than my mom's Sentra does! (Funny how that happens.) I'd say RF RN, FF RN and FF Scenera, or RF Scenera, 2 FF RNs, or RF Scenera, FF RN, FF MA, or RF RN, FF RN, FF MA, or RF MA, FF RN, FF RN or RF MA, FF Scenera, FF RN would all be things that might possibly work (be tight, but work.) Depending on what is most convenient for you. :) It might take a little playing so I'd plan extra time for all that, but it should work just fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC