Pics of my 4.5 yr old in a 2005 Evenflo Triumph

HKP1042

A previous poster wanted to see pics because she was shocked he still fit in it height wise.

Picture413.jpg

Picture414.jpg

Picture415.jpg

And a ? Anyone have any predictions on how long this might last him? None of my kids are fast growers and are all on the small side. I was thinking this doesn't look like much growing room left and was going to buy a new seat in the next month or so (Generations 65 or Nautilus) but if it looks like he has a lot of growing room left then I will hold off. Hodl long did your child last with this much growing room left?

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I too woudl guess a bare minimum of 6 months, probably a full year. Definitely no need to run out and get something new, unless you just want to.

You're making me feel like my giant kid was born next to a nuclear plant or something, lol....
here is a pic of my dd, in the NEW style triumph advance, which is MUCH bigger than the old triumph...and she has about as much growing room in it as your child has in the old one...she is 2.8 years old here. *sigh*
2007_07300066.jpg

HKP1042

LOL really I just have tiny kids. He weighs about 34-35 lbs. so he has a ways to go before he ougrows it weightwise. Maybe I will hold off on another seat. Although my MIL has a crappy seat with low straps he is right at maybe i will get a new one, put this in DH's truck (he has a Chase in there) and give the Chase to my MIL.

::er!ca::

Here is my (then) 3.5 year old in our 2005 Evenflo Triumph... she was about 38 inches & about 33-34 pounds when this pic was taken last year. Your seat is definitely shaped differently than ours. Ours is very round at the top, yours goes up more.

(sorry for the poor quality of pic and big shadow)
DSC_0583-1.jpg

I don't like this seat for forward facing. The harness slots have way too much room between them. If I forward faced my 15 month old in this seat, those are the harness slots that she'd be on (the top ones) because the middle ones are below her shoulders. It's insane!

christineka

My kids are amazingly short too. My ds outgrew the cosco hbb by weight at age 4.5 years and 40 pounds. He still had an inch of harness height left to go.

HKP1042

Here is my (then) 3.5 year old in our 2005 Evenflo Triumph... she was about 38 inches & about 33-34 pounds when this pic was taken last year. Your seat is definitely shaped differently than ours. Ours is very round at the top, yours goes up more.

(sorry for the poor quality of pic and big shadow)
DSC_0583-1.jpg

I don't like this seat for forward facing. The harness slots have way too much room between them. If I forward faced my 15 month old in this seat, those are the harness slots that she'd be on (the top ones) because the middle ones are below her shoulders. It's insane!

You're right yours does seem shorter. I didn't have any trouble with Nick FF in it but I have a feeling I will with Josh at some point If I trned Josh now he would be fine because the 2nd slots are just slightly above his shoulders but I am sure by the time I am ready to turn him they won't be.

Where is the expiration date on yours? i cannot find it on mine unless it's on the bottom I forgot to look when it was uninstalled. I know we got it in 2005 but I wanted to double check the date.

::er!ca::

You're right yours does seem shorter. I didn't have any trouble with Nick FF in it but I have a feeling I will with Josh at some point If I trned Josh now he would be fine because the 2nd slots are just slightly above his shoulders but I am sure by the time I am ready to turn him they won't be.

Where is the expiration date on yours? i cannot find it on mine unless it's on the bottom I forgot to look when it was uninstalled. I know we got it in 2005 but I wanted to double check the date.

The DOM on mine is Aug 9, 2005. It doesn't list a specific expiration date, but I'm pretty sure Evenflo gives 6 years, so it's 4 years old and we have 2 years left.

We're buying a new seat this weekend, so we're actually going to be retiring this seat. The tension adjuster has been sticking a lot lately, which causes me great frustration! We're going to keep it, just incase of an emergency... but we're no longer going to be using it. Isabel has almost outgrown it rear facing, and she's 32 inches. She's also 25-26 pounds, and this seat only rear faces to 30 pounds. So a new seat for her to rear face in is absolutely necessary (she's only 15 months old, I can't ff her).

I do love this seat though! It's been great for the past 4 years! We spent $150 on it and we definitely got our moneys worth!

Michi

When we were looking for seats for my 4 yr old recently I almost bought her an EFTA because of how much room she still had.

Last edited:

HKP1042

I thought about getting him a new EFTA because I really like them and the youngest could use it when his expires.

Raegansmom4

My dd is an Amazon girl - outgrew the old-style Triumph by height/weight at about 2.5 yo! My 18 mo is about to outgrow it by weight rfing - she's 29 lbs. It's a grandma car seat, but I'm tempted to get a scenera for grandma for the extra 5 lbs rear-facing.

agurlsride

Here guys...these are pics of my kids in the Triumph. My dd was almost 7 and my son was 8....yes...they have pretty short torsos...:)

Last edited:

HKP1042

Glad I am not the only one with little kids...LOL

I love my seat too. I wish they didn't expire in 2 years. Josh might have been able to stay in it forever....LOL At 2 he's only 20 lbs and on the short side. :)

henrietta

We have both EFTs, a 2005 and a 2007 EFTA. The newer version gives you about 2"+ more harness height, plus a LOT more shell height. My 39.5" tall 4 yr old could still ride rearfacing in it! We love the Evenflo Triumphs, and will definitely be buying a Generations 65 for our 4 yr old when our baby outgrows the older Triumph and needs the EFTA to stay rearfacing. We love those harness knobs!

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC