I've never given much thought to strollers. I need help?

menfusse

Not only am I considering a new seat in a couple of months, we are also in search of the perfect (for us) stroller. Currently, we just have a chicco basic umbrella-ish stroller. We needed an inexpensive and compact folding stroller than would enable my 6'2" dh to push without hunching over. I've had it a couple of years, however, I've been really unhappy with it. The "basket" on the bottom is useless. you can't get anything in it but a diaper, and if we let the recline (it just unzips at each side to lay back a bit) then you can even get a diaper in there. So, come tax time...a new stroller in on the list, lol. I don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money, but wouldn't mind going $150-$175.

Needs are that it folds easily and is somewhat compact. It doesn't have to fold umbrella compact, but it can't be one of those big honkin' strollers like that hold an infant carrier. There must be a usable basket under it. It doesn't have to hold a huge diaper bag, but I'd like it to hold a good size purse with a couple of dipes. The handles need to be tall enough to accommodate my tall dh when he's pushing. Would like a bit of a recline, but doesn't need to lay flat but doesn't need to lay flat. Just need it to support a sleeping or worn out kiddo. Of course a nice smooth ride is a plus as well.

I don't have the foggiest clue where to start. Show me links and give me your thoughts! TIA!

ADS

Rosey

Baby Jogger City Micro is in your price range. The City Mini used if you could find one.

Maclaren Quest (used or the older models on ebay) I can get my skip hop duo in the basket no problem. Some people don't like that they are "tippy" but the rear center of gravity is what makes then steer SO well. If I have my diaper bag in the bottom I can hang things on the handle and it won't tip. Otherwise, don't let things stay on the handle when little bit get out of it.

Maclaren Triumph (it doesn't have as much recline and does't have the pull-out calf support) Same tippiness, but really worth it for the steering.

The Quinny Zapp is nice and has a great fold, but the handles are a little short for my DH's taste. (they are on sale at albeebaby). Other tall people I know say they have no problem, and it does come with a sunshade though it is pictured without one.

The Peg Perego P3 and Graco Metrolite are my other 2 recommendations to a lot of mommas. They are bigger but still less than 20lbs and have bigger baskets than any of the umbrellas.

njkj

We LOVE our Mac Quest. It reclines fairly far but not flat. the basket is a little diffuclt but holds a good amoust of things. We have gotten a good sized luch box (big enough to hold 4 sammies and snacks) plus a camrea bag in it. It pushes great by DH's high pushing standards (he is really picky) and is fairly tall. The olny problem I have with it is it is a little tippy. If you would like I could snap a few IRL pics later on today. Just tell me what you wanna see.

menfusse

We LOVE our Mac Quest. It reclines fairly far but not flat. the basket is a little diffuclt but holds a good amoust of things. We have gotten a good sized luch box (big enough to hold 4 sammies and snacks) plus a camrea bag in it. It pushes great by DH's high pushing standards (he is really picky) and is fairly tall. The olny problem I have with it is it is a little tippy. If you would like I could snap a few IRL pics later on today. Just tell me what you wanna see.

I'm always game for pics :D! Thanks!

Tippy doesn't bother me. We've had to get used to it with the chicco because the basket is so useless. We have to hang everything on the handles and it tips.

Rosey

Okay, tried to edit to add more pics and PB is being stupid. Here is a pic of the back. More later if PB calms down.

CIMG3683.jpg

Last edited:

MySillyKids

I'd go for the baby jogger city mini, or the Baby Jogger city Micro.

The both have a 50lb weight limit. The micro is a 'dumbed' down version of the Mini. smaller wheels, No padding, No adjustable harness height (fitting the child better)

Fold on the City Mini Single:

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

When the wheels are off, its a 7 inch thick fold! You can see in the middle of the orange stroller, there is a strap. You just simply pull that, and it folds in half! ;)

SavsMom

I just ordered a BJCMicro - it will be here tomorrow - and I can't wait to take pics and post them.

I got it on Diapers.com for $122.99 - shipped.
They price matched it from another site (brooklynbabyworld.com) for $139.00 - then I used the 10PERCENT coupon code, also bought a cheap package of Luvs for $6.99 - and got an additional $10 off using the coupon code GOODNEWS (you have to buy diapers to use it).

I really wanted a City Mini - but it was simply out of my price range - and being that my daughter is almost 2 I can live without the huge canopy and full recline.

I'll post pics of it tomorrow when it gets here:thumbsup:

MySillyKids

I can't WAIT for pics of one! :love: yay!!

My DD is almost 2, but we live in the desert where the heat is 115+ on a good day :rolleyes: so the sunshade was a must for us! :)

Rosey

I can't WAIT for pics of one! :love: yay!!

My DD is almost 2, but we live in the desert where the heat is 115+ on a good day :rolleyes: so the sunshade was a must for us! :)

I've been wanting IRL pics too! I LOVE my BJCMD, but DH says no to the single. You pics just make me want it so much more :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC