Headrest in front of RF child

kathysr98

My Focus has a center headrest which is in front of DD. I've been thinking of removing it so she has a better view out the back. Are there are reasons for or against doing so?

ADS

swtgi1982

My Focus has a center headrest which is in front of DD. I've been thinking of removing it so she has a better view out the back. Are there are reasons for or against doing so?

No just make sure when she does turn FF that you read your manual , a lot of Fords require their removal to ensure they do not interfere with the tether strap.

kathysr98

We've come so far in a short time recently!:love:

Yes, we have. I get to say we because I came here to research before buying my DNi her first post-bucket seat. I bought an evil AOE after learning that she shouldn't be in an OHS. Luckily my SIL decided to get a different booster without me having to step in. Unfortunately it was just after DNi turned 4 & weighed 38 lbs. I tried, but couldn't change that part.

Jonah Baby

I would only be able to tell you...

if you remove the head rest, REMOVE it. Literally, from the car. Put it in the garage or trunk or something.
I have heard of some nasty things happening when those spiky ends of the head rest become a projectile...

I have never heard of anything negative in regards to removing it for a rear facing child, just don't lose it, you'll need it later on.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC