Breaks my heart

2BunniesMommy

My niece has a baby girl just 4 months older than my youngest...15 mo. old Sept. 4th. I talked to my niece about keeping her rear facing when she was still very young and I was trying to teach her why the harness straps needed to be tight as I was adjusting them for her from very loose. I had her watch a video, no Joel's, not a really nice one....can't remember what. Then I talked to her again about ERF about a month before gniece's bday and she agreed that it was safer and that she planned to keep her rfing.

Well, my sister just brought the baby over to play with my kids and to show me how nice her cleft lip and nose repair look, she had surgery about 2 weeks ago. Looks beautiful, I am impressed with how well they did. I happened to ask what car they brought, not knowing that there was a car seat in any car but my niece's. She said her DHs and so I asked how the seat was installed, meaning if it was tight enough because I know niece has had trouble with getting it tight in the past. When I sister told me that she would have to call her lawyer on that, I knew it was forward facing.

Really , I am saddened by this. I am going to try to get niece's email address and send her the link to Joel's journey...then I will know she is as informed as she can be and I will just have to step away at that point. Really, it makes me feel like crying...

ADS

xursusmaritimusx

sorry :(

i know how you feel. i tell my close friends and family until im blue in the face how much safer it is to keep the kids ERF and harnessed but they dont listen.

my own sister has had my barely 35lb 5 year old niece in a booster since she was 2. yep 2!!! i think my niece weighed about 20lbs then. shes a skinny lil thing.

with their 2nd they bought a ss1 after i recommended it and what did they do at 1 year? they bought a convertible and FF my 2nd niece. i told them they should RF but again... sometimes you cant get through to people.

Last edited:

Spam

Sorry :( I have friends that turned ff at 10 months because "they're close enough" :( I get weird looks because A is still rf even though I've tried to explain that it is safer, and where to look to get info.

Elizabeths_Daddy

I'm new to ERF and this forum has convinced me of the benefits of ERF. Thank you! With that said I have started to "spread the word", including sharing links to videos and all the data currently available and I am surprised at the resistance I am seeing. I feel your pain.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC