Need pics of a seat...

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Does anyone have a Touriva they will take some pics of for me? I specifically want naked pics, but there aren't any on the "naked" thread!:(

I already mentioned this in another post, but I saw some for $40 today and am considering getting a few for multiple reasons. But I'm concerned about some holes/cut-outs in the seat "bight" area of the shell. Can you call it a bight when it's the carseat and not a vehicle seat?

Anyway, if anyone has pics, or knows what I'm talking about and can giv eme info, I'd really appreciate it! :D

ADS

swtgi1982

I can post baked pics of one tomorrow, as it is in DH car right now and will have to get it out in morning. Just let me know in more detail what all you want pics of up close.

If you talking about where I think you are on the seat, then yea the only down side to them is they are a PITA to get crumbs out of when cleaning seat. Never had any other issues.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I have a dead one sitting in my garage. Let me know exactly what you want and I should be able to do it!

Thanks! In the ones I looked at today there were "holes" in the shell of the seat. I could see them when I pulled the cover back, they are in the back of the seat(from the inside) maybe a few inches up from the seat bottom. My concern was about injuries to the spine or back in a crash from a child impacting the back of the seat after being throw forward.

I want to get a couple for people I know who couls REALLY use them, and at least one to keep for a demo/give away if I need to. But I want to feel confortable about those holes first.

I keep trying to find a picture online but I'm not finding a thing.

swtgi1982

I know where you mean. If it makes you feel any better I have actually taken and kneeled on mine in that area and was unable with my bare knee to hardly feel the holes at all.

LittleLady

I have the seat but the only camera I have access to right now is my cell phone and its refusing to link to the computer. If you flip the seat around you can see the area with the 'holes' is area where the harness adjustor/splinter plate curves from horizontial to vertical and its enlarged for re-enforcement.

Its hard to say if they pose a risk. Some people say this seat is unsafe because of the notches at the top. I'm not sure what to think about it. Mine is an overhead sheild and I've only hung on to it because I didn't have a good way to destroy it.

2BunniesMommy

Sorry it took so long...I think this is what you are after...
2q15irk.jpg

143dowh.jpg

Wow, that seat cover is hard to get off...that is why I just pulled it to the sides.

Hope these help.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
That's exactly what I wanted! Thank you!!!

Littlelady: Some of the older Touriva's (pre-2004 I think) had notches on the side of the shell where in a crash a childs head could hit the edge of the notch and it has been known to cause skull fractures, brain damage, etc. They stopped making seats w/ the notches years ago.

swtgi1982

Its hard to say if they pose a risk. Some people say this seat is unsafe because of the notches at the top. I'm not sure what to think about it. Mine is an overhead sheild and I've only hung on to it because I didn't have a good way to destroy it.

The newer ones do not have the notch in them they have fixed them, mine from around DOM of 2005 late, does not have them. Mine is one of the first runs to not be affected, all newer ones I have seen in stores no longer have this. That notch was by the side of the head. And I have only seen this in second hand seats not new, but I would still check it out.

It was mid 2005 runs of the seat they changed it, some early 2006 still had it as the mold had not been full out of use yet. They fassed out one mold at a time and apparently they had more then on for this seat, so DOM not give you a definite on whether or not it will have notches.

I do not use my latch and have stored it in the holes in the seat you mentioned and this seemed to help, but we do not use this seat but occasionally anymore. It in DH vehicle for emergency purposes anymore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC