MR 65 ?'s

amjbmommy

instead of doing a bunch of searches with a cranky teething baby I figured it would be alot quicker if I asked here :p. How is the MR rearfacing specifically for drivers side captains chair in an 02 Windstar Sport? (I think the freestyles are pretty similar) ds weighed in today at 22 1/2lbs (28" also) at almost 6 months :eek: I just got a TF from the Woot sale and put the headrest on and the captains chair is as far back as I can get it and I'm still eating dashboard.... I'm 5'10, never mind when dh (6'4) tries to drive, lol. Would a MR take up less room rearfacing? Also he doesn't seem to like it... I know I know alot of babies cry in the car but I'm getting desperate and I figure I might try the MR at BRU this weekend. He screamed in the EFTA fwiw. He never screamed like that in his SS1 so maybe he's a Graco snob :p Also for the recline in a MR do you usually have to use noodles or towels or does it recline well enough w/o? Any other quirks or comments please feel free to add..... I'm driving dh crazy with my carseat expiraments so I need to be sure about the MR, course if he was the one driving with the screaming baby all the time he might think differently, lol.

ADS

jujumum

I was able to rf the MR in my 2000 MPV in less space than the TF. I'm not a tech, though. The MR is a great seat - the Bartlett cover at Target is lovely, too.:)

amjbmommy

I was able to rf the MR in my 2000 MPV in less space than the TF. I'm not a tech, though. The MR is a great seat - the Bartlett cover at Target is lovely, too.:)
Was it hard to get the correct angle? I think I've read somewhere the MR can be up to 30 degrees....ds is only 6 months but good head control but I'ld probably still want him at 35-40 degrees I'ld think.

jujumum

Here are the pics of my install:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=98216

My install was for a nearly 4 year old, so I was trying to get the seat ask upright as allowed, and as you can see from the comments, it was at the complete maxium uprightness (if that is a word).

The design of the MR base would make noodle use really, really easy to get a proper angle. I really was impressed with the seat. I like the TF, too, but I definitely think that the MR is easier to install and less gadgety. Have you seen the Bartlett at Target? It is much nicer than the BRU Spiral.:D

2BunniesMommy

I had one in my 2004 Freestar behind the driver's seat and DH is 6' and had no problems. Not sure how close it is in size to the Windstar. I did notice that it took up the same amount of room as my Marathon. No idea how either compare to a Truefit. I will link to my pics....
http://www.dropshots.com/BabyBunnysMommy

Hope this helps!

babyherder

I feel in love with the Bartlett at Target. I don't want it for a kid. I want it for me! It feels so soft and comfortable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC