What seal for a special needs kiddo who is exceptionally small?

abckidsmom

A friend has a little guy who's about 2.5 and weighs 14 lbs. He has low tone and a metabolic disorder that means he will likely stay small for a loooong time. I'm not sure of his height, but he's definitely taller than your average 14 lb baby.

I love the looks of the Corcorro, but my kids are all too tall for it too quickly. Any other consideration for this kiddo? He's been in a bucket up till now, and hasn't outgrown it, but his mom wants to put him in a convertible.

ADS

zeo2ski

The First Years True Fit or TF Premiere would be a great option for this child. The top portion can be removed until he reaches a certain height and weight (22 lbs I believe) and then when the top is added, it becomes one of the tallest convertibles out there and has a 35 lb RF limit.

Evolily

I'd also suggest the my ride- but I'd say wait a couple months, because a new one is coming out that allows the insert to be used in two harness positions, as opposed to one.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I would say truefit because it has a tall back. The myride 65 is nice, but it will outgrown by height long before the truefit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC