I can see why the comfort sport isn't a good choice when thinking longevity!

zactayaus

I have inherited my godson's comfort sport to use as a backup. It only has 15 months left on it. I can't say I'm shocked by how quickly I think this seat would be outgrown by DS3 (probably the same time as the SS1) because of everything I've heard on this board, but wow. The thing that gets me the most is the first set of slots. I can't believe how low they are. They are about in the middle of DS's back (I guess on the plus side it would fit really tiny babies well:rolleyes:).

Any way here are some pics. Do you think he'll outgrow the seat before the 15 months are up? I'm thinking yes.

BigCatRA014.jpg
BigCatRA026.jpg

BigCatRA032.jpg

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Probably, lol.
My dd, the giant one, rememebr her? Here she is in her comfortsport...she is EIGHT MONTHS OLD, and those are th top slots, just barely above her shoulders there!!!! Yep, she outgrew the seat when she was ONE.
2005_05230046.jpg

this is her in it as a newborn, her first car ride ever..I think 5 days old? She is well over the bottom slots.
2004_0920_182125AA.jpg

NannyMom

I bet your big boy will outgrow it before the 15 months, yes. OTOH, I have a pic of a little girl that fit about the same as your DS and she was 18 months :whistle:

NannyMom

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! I can deffinatly see him outgrowing that seat before the 15 months are up. On the same note, my friends teeny tiny 2 year old son fits RF in that seat the same as your 4 month old does! He has about the same amount of room above his head. Marcus would not be able to RF in the CS due to weight, but he would "just" fit with 1 inch above his head RF. This is a crazy small seat.

Amaris

Earlier this year we tried Kaitlin out in a bunch of different seats just to see how she fit. I don't remember for sure, but I think it was before she turned 2 in July. She had already outgrown the CS both ff'ing and rf'ing. Her shoulders were over the top slot and her head didn't have an inch of shell above it. Of course, that was on the test bench at bru, it may have been slightly better installed, but not enough for me to think it's worth it to tell anyone to get one.

InternationalMama

Does anybody know how the shell height of the ComfortSport compares to the Coccoro? I know that the Coccoro is a much fancier seat, but since so many people complain about the short shell of the CS I was wondering how they compare. I've been wanting to ask and I thought someone here might know!

Nisha

Does anybody know how the shell height of the ComfortSport compares to the Coccoro? I know that the Coccoro is a much fancier seat, but since so many people complain about the short shell of the CS I was wondering how they compare. I've been wanting to ask and I thought someone here might know!

I don't know how it compares in inches, BUT, DD outgrew her comfortsport (by height) when she was 2, and I sat her in a coccoro a few months ago, she "fit" but was way too big for it... she looked very squished!
(4.5 yr old 39lb 43" tall with a 16 3/4" torso)

Pixels

Your four month old is very nearly the same size as my 16 month old. Let's see, he's 3.5 pounds lighter and 3.5 inches shorter. My kid has a slightly taller torso (maybe an inch) and apparently a shorter neck/head. The top of DD's head is right about at the bottom of the pillow thingy at the top, where the cover changes from gray to black.

How is the crotch strap on him? DD still has inches to go before she reaches it. I dunno that she will ever need the second slot.

My kid probably could get another 15 months out of it. I don't think your kid will.

zactayaus

How is the crotch strap on him? DD still has inches to go before she reaches it. I dunno that she will ever need the second slot.

My kid probably could get another 15 months out of it. I don't think your kid will.

He is right at the first slot for the crotch strap.:eek:

Heamae

My 3 year old still fits in the seat foward facing. My 4 month old fits it like your son ans so does my friends 11 month old.

Pixels

CD or sposie? That would make a big difference with the crotch strap space, I think. DD is sposie. Plus she's not a big girl overall.

TiaxMarie

My tall 21m old can still barely fit RF in her CF. I'll try to get a pic sometime but we never, ever use the seat unless it's an emergency.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC