is there another new radian boot

monstah

Is there another new radian boot?

Is there a third (new) rf boot coming out? If so, can anyone elaborate or linky?

Last edited:
ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I'm hoping there will be.

I made a really good case to Russ this past week about how they are now catering to extended rear facers and keeping 3, 4, 5 and even some 6 year olds rear facing - at a 45 degree angle isn't going to fly. With advancements in safety comes all the changes that need to accommodate those advancements.

He said he will be bringing it up at the next meeting near the end of September - and I can promise I will be in touch with him at that time.

TheNimpsGirl

I have to admit it is one of the things that holds me back on this seat. If it just had a different boot I would look even closer at this for DS in the future. Not to say I still won't serouisly consider it but if it just had a 30 degree boot it would probably be an easier choice.

kidzndogz

It's the reason I sold the seat. I loved it other than that. It just won't fit properly in my car with it.

If they had a new boot, I'd buy another in an instant.

Until then, I'd rather take a stick in the eye than deal with that again.

DahliaRW

I have to admit it is one of the things that holds me back on this seat. If it just had a different boot I would look even closer at this for DS in the future. Not to say I still won't serouisly consider it but if it just had a 30 degree boot it would probably be an easier choice.

This is exactly why I bought a CA for ds2 instead of a newer radian. In my sienna it installs a tiny bit more upright than 45 degrees. But when ds climbs in it the extra weight up top (from his huge noggin'!) makes it recline more, really close if not at 45 degrees. (and yes, the install has been checked by a tech). As he grows, I don't see how it's NOT going to be overreclined, which is a safety issue. May not be a problem for kiddos with average sized heads, but it just was making me wonder if it would be an issue as he got older. The CA installs much more upright, so it's not an issue.

jujumum

It's the reason I sold the seat. I loved it other than that. It just won't fit properly in my car with it.

If they had a new boot, I'd buy another in an instant.

Until then, I'd rather take a stick in the eye than deal with that again.

LOL. Me, too. I fought the XT, and the XT won.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
According to Russ they DID test it without the boot. And it passed.

According to Russ it also installs perfectly in every car if you just try hard enough (or use a Mightly Tite!) and probably is good for at least 12 years even if you crash it 3 times.

I think he has something going on with those seats that's illegal in 47 states. ;)

TheNimpsGirl

According to Russ it also installs perfectly in every car if you just try hard enough (or use a Mightly Tite!) and probably is good for at least 12 years even if you crash it 3 times.

I think he has something going on with those seats that's illegal in 47 states. ;)

That made me snort out loud and was kinda what I was thinking when I asked my questions. We all know he adores that seat like his first born, I just hadn't ever read that he says it passed w/o the boot.

Serouisly though, if it does pass, why wouldn't they allow you to use it that way? It can't be from a money stand point as you have to buy the seat with the base to begin with so???

tjham

You mean noodle and no boot?

Yes. The boot is ridiculous. I have also heard it passed without the boot (but still not allowed :confused:) but I don't know if it was with a noodle.

They are losing out on a big chunk of the market by making it so hard to install. So many people send them back because of the 45 degree angle. You'd think that alone would get them busy working on this problem! But combined with the new increased 40 lb RF limit, come on, Sunshine Kids!
Get with the program!

Amaris

Right now I'm tolerating it because I have to, but with a boot that makes it more upright I would be happy, without a boot I would :love: it! If it has passed without the boot then why not make the boot necessary to a certain weight, then allow it to be used without it? UGH, it makes no sense to put people through the cursing that is involved in attempting to get the thing more upright! The mailman walked around the back of the truck while I was trying it, and I think he turned a few shades of red when he heard me.

Nisha

OMG! I Seriously snorted my water all over!:ROTFLMAO:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC