Has anyone had a maclaren repaired?....

emandbri

I have two maclarens one an old sprinter with wheels that are shot and a mistral from eruope I bought off from albee baby years ago. My gorgous mistral hasn't been the same since I few with my third son and got frustrated and put my marathon in the stroller with him in it, the turning hasn't been as smooth.

I don't have any place here to have them looked at but my brother lives in Chicago and I've heard you can get maclarens repaired at high end baby stores. Has anyone done this? Does anyone known of a store that does repairs in Chicago?

Thanks!

ADS

Tanibani

Isn't there a Maclaren service center (an official one) in CT?

They've mailed me hoods (twice, for free) when my 2001 Techno one broke. I would imagine you mail it to them.

E-mail their UK based website (I believe the address is on the site).

I remember the box saying to keep the box so you can mail it back for repairs/issues. I would deal directly with them, if possible.

emandbri

It would be pretty expensive to mail a whole stroller to them which is why I was hoping to find a store to fix it. I'm also not sure if they would fix the one that is european. I was trying to convience dh we should take a vacation to the northeast but right now Chicago is as far as I can get him to go!

lovinwaves

If you go to the Maclaren Website you will see their list of authorized Repair Places. Maclaren USA just started doing repairs here in the states within the past 4 months or so. Maclaren USA headquarters are located in CT(I think). To get the best possible customer service and repair I would ship it there. That way at least you would have a chance they might just fix it for free.

If there is a way to avoid shipping then by all means I would try that route. But, if you end up having to ship then I would ship to Maclaren direclty, not to an authorized repair center (just my opinion).

My recline mechanism broke, and instead of shipping it my FIL actually fixed it for me. Good as new. I was very lucky. Here is a link to that thread. There might also be some helpful info in there for you as well.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8401&highlight=maclaren+broke

Good luck with your repairs!!! :D

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I actually had a stroller (Concorde LX...imported from the UK) overhauled by Maclaren. It cost me $80, they fixed a broken retractable legrest, replaced all the wheels & aligned them and replaced the handles. The shipping isn't bad...it was only like $15 for me to ship mine from MI to CT to have it overhauled.

The bad news is, they no longer carry any parts for strollers over 5 years old. :(

So it sounds like your beautiful plaid strollers are irreparable.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Fortunately the Mistral fabric will fit a Vogue or even a Quest. So if you're in love with that fabric, you can transfer it on to one of the newer frames. I'm not too sure about the Spinter, however, since that one way outdates my stroller obsession.

I actually have a 2001 Vogue wrapped in plastic. The wheels have never touched ground outdoors. It's almost getting to the point where I should probably use it, since if anything goes wrong Maclaren's parts will be limited.

They really don't make them like they used to.

-N.

Wineaux

I actually had a stroller (Concorde LX...imported from the UK) overhauled by Maclaren. It cost me $80, they fixed a broken retractable legrest, replaced all the wheels & aligned them and replaced the handles. The shipping isn't bad...it was only like $15 for me to ship mine from MI to CT to have it overhauled.

The bad news is, they no longer carry any parts for strollers over 5 years old. :(

So it sounds like your beautiful plaid strollers are irreparable.

you might find though that some of the parts are interchangeable as well. I wouldn't count myself down and out until I called Maclaren USA and talked to them about the stroller(s). You might be surprised as to what parts might still be lying about at the repair shop.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
you might find though that some of the parts are interchangeable as well. I wouldn't count myself down and out until I called Maclaren USA and talked to them about the stroller(s). You might be surprised as to what parts might still be lying about at the repair shop.

If you do choose to do this...make sure you speak with either Dottie Dahm or Earl in the repair department...they are the Guru's of all things Maclaren. ;)

emandbri

Thanks guys! The mistral is very similar to the quest so the parts might work. I thought it would be more then $15 to ship! I'll have to decide what to do. I could call them but spending $80 to fix a stroller I paid $100 does seem a little crazy but I really love the plaid and hate the idea of it not being used. I also promised my husband that I wouldn't buy any more strollers after I bought my mountain buggy. I didn't even think about moving the fabric to a new stroller! I seriously might do that as well!

here is a pix of my third in the mistral.
2licwht.jpg

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
LOL...

I love that plaid on your Mistral's...can't remember the name of it, Versailles maybe?

I just got a Key Lime Vogue earlier this year...love it too!

emandbri

Fortunately the Mistral fabric will fit a Vogue or even a Quest. So if you're in love with that fabric, you can transfer it on to one of the newer frames.

Bumping up an old post. I never got around to doing anything about my semi broken macs. I know someone trying to sell a quest and I thought back to this post but I can't figure out how I would get the seat off the frame.

thanks for any help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC