GN or something new?

emars002

I have been out of the loop for awhile so I figured I would check in:) I had a minor accident on 9/1 and my GN needs to be replaced - I barely cracked my bumper so the MA I had in my car is good - It only took the insurance company 3 days to repair my car yet it took unitl today to get them to issue a check for the GN:p Before I go get another one, Has anything new and exciting come out as far as HWH seats or should I get another GN so I will have 2 covers?

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

There is not really anything new & exciting out in the HWH area right now. I say if you liked your GN then go get another one!

emars002

If it's for your six year old, she's old enough that you could consider boostering too :)

I can check her out again but she fits so crappy in a booster the last time I checked - she is short and skinny, even in the booster, the lap belt was up on her tummy - my 2 year old has outweighed her for almost a year now:p

myliljunebugs

Yeah, I wouldn't personally booster her at only 33lbs, especially full time. I agree, if you liked the GN absolutely get another! :) glad it was only a minor accident and that everyone is okay!

firemomof3

I'm going to be the oddball :p and recommend the Recaro Young Sport :love: Since she's only 33lbs. and you have ff (so would I) then the GN is overkill. The YS fits petite kids beautifully, is super comfy and SO user friendly.

soygurl

I'm going to be the oddball :p and recommend the Recaro Young Sport :love: Since she's only 33lbs. and you have ff (so would I) then the GN is overkill. The YS fits petite kids beautifully, is super comfy and SO user friendly.

If the higher price wouldn't be an issue (IIRC the YS runs $200+ right?), I totally agree with this! At 6 and only 33 lbs, you really don't need to harness her past 40 lbs. and I've never heard much anything negative about the YS when used for small kids. :thumbsup:

MOM25BOYS

Ha... Didn't mean to thank you... I accidentaly hit it on my phone.

OP- for now I'd say go with the Nautilus... :whistle:

or the parkway safeguard..

I don't think the Parkway would be an option either since she doesn't meet the 40lb minimum yet. ;)

I also would go with another GN if she seemed comfortable in it and wasn't close to outgrowing the harness. :thumbsup:

firemomof3

If the higher price wouldn't be an issue (IIRC the YS runs $200+ right?), I totally agree with this! At 6 and only 33 lbs, you really don't need to harness her past 40 lbs. and I've never heard much anything negative about the YS when used for small kids. :thumbsup:

Ya, the price is definitely a downer BUT once she's 40lbs. it turns into a fantastic booster that you can tether :love: Here is my 6y/o in the YS in booster mode:
MISUSE003.jpg

emars002

Ya, the price is definitely a downer BUT once she's 40lbs. it turns into a fantastic booster that you can tether :love: Here is my 6y/o in the YS in booster mode:

Thank you for the pic! This looks like a good option too! - I think recaro is the the only brand of restraint i haven't owned yet - off to look:)

ETA: why no girly colors :( I wonder if my BRU has one - I doubt they do but i would like to try her out in one

emars002

I don't think the Parkway would be an option either since she doesn't meet the 40lb minimum yet. ;)

I also would go with another GN if she seemed comfortable in it and wasn't close to outgrowing the harness. :thumbsup:

I don't think she will until she's 10:p

emars002

I personally could not put a 33 pound 6 year old in a booster.

I would so go for another nautilus. I love ours and sounds like you loved yours.

I did really like and so did DD - I haven't trashed the old one yet so I am going to see how much harness height is left - I am not crazy about it for a booster so if she is very close then I definately should look at the RYS or maybe another frontier

emars002

I ended up with another nauti - I couldn't locate a YS to try out and DH was getting impatient with me not being able to pick DD up from school - I went with the daisy pattern and it is really pretty IRL - DD loved it - My youngest went crazy over it too! - It was a pain to take apart the old one to get the harness and buckle - I gave up on the adjuster strap - It was not coming out!:p

Blondie87

I ended up with another nauti - I couldn't locate a YS to try out and DH was getting impatient with me not being able to pick DD up from school - I went with the daisy pattern and it is really pretty IRL - DD loved it - My youngest went crazy over it too! - It was a pain to take apart the old one to get the harness and buckle - I gave up on the adjuster strap - It was not coming out!:p

ooooh I really wanna see pics of this cover IRL! :whistle:

MOM25BOYS

Yeah, the adjuster strap doesn't come out. When mine starting fraying they just sent me a whole new bottom portion.:)

I would love to see IRL pics of the Daisy also. I think my sister would love one for her DD.:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC