PSA: Keep your receipts!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Some recent threads are a good reminder for why we should keep receipts for car seats in case insurance companies need them for replacement purposes.

(That's not to say that the receipts will help if insurance absolutely refuses--or that the insurance company actually needs the receipts in some instances--but I'd imagine there are instances when it would help.)

I don't think I have any of mine, but I'm saving them from now on. I'll probably drop them into our insurance file. :thumbsup:

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I buy my seats online and my gmail saves everything forever.... so I think I am covered.

I actually have an "online purchases" folder where I keep stuff for easy reference and I delete a lot of it-- but keep all car seat purchases in there! It's another reason I buy car seats online. Though, I'd expect them to pay actual replacement cost, not whatever great deal I got 2 years ago (and they have never ever given me a problem with that-- in fact they've never asked for proof of purchase, it's always been, "What seats do you have, and how much will it cost to replace them? We'll cut you a check.")

swtgi1982

Some recent threads are a good reminder for why we should keep receipts for car seats in case insurance companies need them for replacement purposes.

(That's not to say that the receipts will help if insurance absolutely refuses--or that the insurance company actually needs the receipts in some instances--but I'd imagine there are instances when it would help.)

I don't think I have any of mine, but I'm saving them from now on. I'll probably drop them into our insurance file. :thumbsup:

My insurance company asks us to buy the replacements up front and then turn a receipt for reimbursement, so if money is tight original receipts is good too (unless you got them super cheap on sale and will end up paying more for the new one not on sale)

emars002

I just received my reimbursment today from my insurance - I had to produce the receipt from the original seat, not the replacement - I had to scan it and email them a copy

mommy2env

Yes, from now on I will keep my receipts. I am having a hard time with the insurance company. If only this thread was made, oh, I don't know 2 yrs ago or so....:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC