Question Radian "Rio" & "Hampton" Covers. Opinions?

2boys3girls

I'm planning to purchase 2 or 3 new Radians in the near future. I'm possibly going to wait until the 45lb rf limit seats come out, though I'm not sure if my 3 younger kids would benefit from having a seat with that limit, as they would probably outgrow it height b/f weight. I have to figure that out.... but i'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the "mesh" covers.... i like the RIO a lot and the HAMPTON is really nice looking. I love the Malibu for my dd's, too..... Who has experience with the mesh covers? good or bad or okay? I thought I read a thread on here *somewhere* about the mesh quality but I can't find it..... thanks for any info..... it would be cool to get the malibu, the hampton, and the rio.... my sister told me SK is coming out with some new covers for the XTsl.

ADS

ks1978

I have the Rio. If your kids have velcro on the shoes, it will pull on the fabric. I complained and they sent me a new cover. I still haven't put the new cover on, because I washed the Rio, "trimmed" the snags and it is a bit softer and fine. I guess I will save the new one for when I NEED to switch covers. THe new covers for the XTSL look awesome, I would love to getthe FLora one
Flora Cover

I have heard some people say the Rio is like sandpaper and I disagree very mush. It is NOT a plush cover, but it is not super rough either. Based on the options they have for the XT, I would still have purchased the Rio.
Good luck with your decision!

triscuitsmom

Our Rio just got here yesterday so I can't attest to the quality long term, but I will say that my three year old and my seven month old both rode in it yesterday and neither had any complaints. And I looooooove the colour :thumbsup:

I'd agree with the pp... nowhere like sandpaper. It's not as smooth as the plush fabric but I wasn't expecting it to be. I like the feel of it actually.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC