I'm pretty sure Thing 2 is getting an EFTA

Splash

Should I go deluxe or standard?

AJ wants deluxe because it seemed cushier. I do not in any way care whatsoever about the monetary difference, but I do really like the cover pattern on the standard much better. But I want him to be as comfy as possible.

This will be to replace a Boulevard. I'm not thrilled with losing the RF tether, but I'll live with it.

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

I own the standard & Marcus has always been very comfortable in it. He has made several 2 1/2-3 1/2 hour rides in it back & forth to TN RF in it while sleeping the whole way. If that is not comfotable then I am not sure what is. So I say just go with the cover that you like the best.

For what it is worth, I have seen & felt both, but could not really feel any difference in them. They seemed pretty similarly padded to me.

Splash

Why am I getting rid of the BV? I want to.
It pushes his head forward pretty severely, I never used it (this one) with Charlie when he was this little, so there was never reason to notice that. In order to get it reclined enough that it doesn't push his head really forward, it has to be too reclined to be safe.
I'd rather just put him back in HIS Marathon that I bought for HIM, but Charlie has some kind of jesus-like devotion to it and would never be able to cope if I took it away from him and gave it to his brother. :rolleyes:

arly1983

Its funny you should post this because I have two perfectly good TFs and I will probably getting my mom's EFTA out of her car to put C into if I don't just pull out the radian which we both like but then she can't see the DVD player from the middle of the 3rd row (I know, OMG, that is soo important :rolleyes: )

She has consistantly complained of her back hurting in the TF and she LOVES the flowers cover. Now it is a fight to get her into it. I don't know what to get her. I would get a GN if she didn't sleep alot in the car and have horrid headslump in it. I could get another frontier...

S also cried in the TF, I have no idea why but for 4 solid days he cried in the car. Might be he doesn't like change or how it sits lower or the deeper sides. He does seem to be picky.

ETA: Wait a second, J doesn't have much room in the frontier...darn it.

ErinGoBragh

Do you install with LATCH or seatbelt. Doesn't the Deluxe have the nice alligator LATCH instead of the crappy one?

amjbmommy

Its funny you should post this because I have two perfectly good TFs and I will probably getting my mom's EFTA out of her car to put C into if I don't just pull out the radian which we both like but then she can't see the DVD player from the middle of the 3rd row (I know, OMG, that is soo important :rolleyes: )

She has consistantly complained of her back hurting in the TF and she LOVES the flowers cover. Now it is a fight to get her into it. I don't know what to get her. I would get a GN if she didn't sleep alot in the car and have horrid headslump in it. I could get another frontier...

S also cried in the TF, I have no idea why but for 4 solid days he cried in the car. Might be he doesn't like change or how it sits lower or the deeper sides. He does seem to be picky.

ETA: Wait a second, J doesn't have much room in the frontier...darn it.

How funny that kids are so particular.... my 6 month old SCREAMED every time he was in his new EFTA... I got my TF from Woot Saturday and car rides are pleasant... well as much as they can be with 5 kids in the car ;) again

arly1983

How funny that kids are so particular.... my 6 month old SCREAMED every time he was in his new EFTA... I got my TF from Woot Saturday and car rides are pleasant... well as much as they can be with 5 kids in the car ;) again

It is strange for C to complain and I havn't heard anyone complain about the TF hurting their kids back.

BUT S, he has pretty much cried in any seat but the RA. Guess I am keeping that one, LOL. :p

featherhead

The Premier has the nice LATCH hooks. The DLX and LX have the regular. As far as comfort, I have the LX for my dd2, and it seems comfy enough. I would just pick the cover that you like best, and get it. It installs so nicely with the seatbelt, I don't care what kind of LATCH hooks it has.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC