GN booster seat question

Trailcat

I own a 1997 Ford Cougar that now has a tether anchor, but doesn't have latch. I'm going to use my GN to booster train my son (5 yrs in Oct., 54lbs, 47") on very short trips. My manual says to use the tether and latch when its used as a booster. Is this correct? If so, is it O.K. to use just the tether alone?

Thanks,
Cindy

ADS

Evolily

nope- can't use tether OR latch. And technically you are also suppose to remove the harness.

Can I ask why you're choosing the nautilus to booster train? The booster fit is sometimes good, and sometimes not very good- it depends on the vehicle and the child. If you want to buy a seat *just* to booster train there are better options :)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Graco has clarified that the Nautilus is LATCHable in booster mode; however, I do not know if it is permissible to use just the tether. My guess would be yes, but it's just a guess.

Trailcat

Well, I purchased this seat to keep my son harnessed as long as possible...but the crotch strap became uncomfortable for him (and I became disappointed in Graco's design). I've been storing the GN and contemplating selling it. He rides harnessed in two FN's that are in our primary vehicles and I don't want to move one back and forth. The Cougar is my "nice weather car" :)o O.K. I'm a little spoiled) and I would like to use the car to drop him off at daycare before I go to work. I tried the GN tonight in the car with him and the shoulder belt path looked good, but I had to adjust the lap belt path a bit.

Please tell me what car seats you would recommend for booster training?

Thanks,
Cindy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC