Question wwyd ? Buy a new seat or wait ?

Heather86

Connor is 3y 7m and 30-32 lbs depending on the day with about a 14 1/2 inch wiggling torso(so that may be off). He is currently rf in a marathon and an avenue here are the pics (please excuse the faces lol)

as you can see he is about out of the ma we got about an inch at best. In the avenue has a bit of room I'm just not crazy about it :whistle: We are trying to decide if we want to by and xt or something else to keep him rf or just let him ride to 35lbs or max height on the avenue in our main car and ff him in the second. We are really running out of time and gotta try and figure something out.

So the question is if it was your child what would you do ?

ADS

Pixels

If I didn't have another seat that would fit RFing, and I didn't need to buy another seat anyway (say for a new sibling), I would FF at that age. I would not buy another seat to keep RFing.

MOM25BOYS

Kuddos on keeping him RF this long.:thumbsup: You have done a great job mama and I am another one who wouldn't invest into another RF seat at this point unless you have another one to pass it down to later on.;) My DS4 maxed out the 35lb weight limit right before his 3rd bday on his TF and MA. I tried the My Ride, but was not impressed with it and DH isn't about to spend more money to RF him past 3yrs even with the higher limit on the RN now.:rolleyes:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Thirding that at almost-four (and possibly at or over four when he outgrows the Marathon), I would not purchase another RFing seat.

Mommy2Marcus

I to would FF him instead of purchasing new seats for him. He is almost 4, so I would be fine with him FF at this point.

I am thinking about buying a radian(the ones that go to 45 pounds) when they come out to Rear face my 4 year 7 month old(by that time almost 5 year old) :whistle: , so I may be no help.
But, I do have daycare kids that can use the seat. That is the only reason(well, that is my excuse I tell myself) why I am buying one. :love:

If you don't have a need for another one I would just get a nice FF seat. ;-)

Heather86

Thank you so much for all the replies it really makes me feel better to hear people who know what they are talking about say that he'll be okay ff.

We've technically hit my rf goal of 3 and 30 pounds so anything past that has just been for good measure I suppose.I think he may make it to 4. I just wanna be sure I'm doing the best I can for him. Height wise he can move up one more slot on both seats (which he'll have to do because both are a hair below his shoulders) so I guess I got a bit of time to figure out ff seats. At least long enough to read reviews and go try stuff out.

Now I'm nervous about ff harnessing :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC