Votes: 4 28.6%

Votes: 6 42.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something else/clicky

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

melniemi

1. 8 & 9 yo boys in backless boosters(will only work if I can get some otos), 5 yo harnessed in radian, 2.5 yo rfing (3 oldest in third row)

2. 8 & 9 yo boys in parkways, 2.5 yo ffing, 5 yo harnessed (boys and 2.5 yo in third row)

3. 8 yo in parkway, 5 yo in radian, 9 yo in backless (8 and 5 yo w/newborn in 3rd row), 2.5 yo rfing middle row

4. 8 & 5 yo in parkways, 2.5 yo ffing all in third row, 9 yo in some booster

5. 8 & 5 yo in parkways w/kf in third row, 2.5 yo rfing, 9 yo in some booster

5 yo outgrew her marathon so I'm trying to fit all my kids in my van as safely as possible - and most cost effectively.:) 5 yo can not buckle the parkway in a 3 across scenario - we just tried. She can buckle a 5 pt harness.

This is provided the radian will install outboard in the third row acceptably.

stats
9 yo, 51", 58#s
8 yo, 50", 53#s
5 yo, 44", 45#s
2yo, 34", 27#s
newborn

Last edited:
ADS

kathysr98

3. 8 yo in parkway, 5 yo in radian, 9 yo in backless (8 and 5 yo w/newborn in 3rd row)

I voted #3, assuming that this means the 2.5yo remains RF. It looks like buying a RN & backless, but you won't have to buy anything else for a while. You could put the 5yo in a PW when ready for a booster, and put the 2.5yo in the RN to 40lbs. You have an extra MA for the baby when necessary, and baby could use the RN after 2.5yo goes FF. That means you probably wouldn't need another convertible for these kids. You might need a combo seat(depending upon the extra MA's expiration) to put the 2.5yo in when baby needs the RN, and more boosters as kids outgrow harnesses & older boosters expire, but they can be bought pretty inexpensively if necessary.

seamonkeys

Though I wouldn't like putting the KF in th 3rd row, that seems to be the only option to DD1 harnessed and DD2 RFing (ETA: talking about #3). If you're ok FFing DD2, then I'd got with #2.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How is the SIP in your car?

I would say KF in the back, 2.5yo RF in the front -- I think that's #3 -- and the 9yo up front in a backless, only IF you have ok SIP in your car. I have a child who could easily be backless, but I don't like my SIP, so I keep him in a HBB to help with that. I know you don't want to lift the KF into the back, but if it means keeping your 2yo peanut RF, then I think it's worth the exchange. At least you only have to lift and click, you don't have to buckle.

I have two kids RF in the back of my van, and while there are much easier scenarios, I consider it the "price" I pay for having so many. At the end of the day, if the choices are either 1) easier for me, or 2) safer for them, I just can't in good concience go with easier for me. And honestly, it's not the worst thing ever -- you DO just get used to it. (We even have a 'loading pattern,' that maximizes each kid doing for themselves what they can, and streamlines what I have to do a bit.)

Pixels

Do you have side airbags, and do they extend all the way to the third row? If no side airbags in third row, #3 for sure.

melniemi

No side airbags. I drive the death trap - chevy venture 2002.

thanks for helping me think it thru. I decided to purchase the 3 modular seats for the 2nd row so I can keep my 2 rfers there and keep my dd1 harnessed in the 3rd row. I don't know for certain that the radian will install well outboard - I had ordered one before and sent it back cuz it frustrated me so much:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC