Evenflo Symphony 65

agurlsride

Ok so according to a post by crunchierthanthou the Symphony will be rated to 65lbs. Can someone tell me about this seat? It seems like it could be really great....an all-in-one seat....same kind of harness height adjusting as the ETA, rf'ing and ff'ing, higher ff'ing weight limit, EPS foam, a booster mode. Any reason NOT to like this particular seat?

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
top slots not horribly high..thats about it. Oh - and belt fit in booster mode is...as always, somewhat questionable...although in general, this seat tends to have a better boooster fit than many combo/3-in1 seats, from what I have heard. so..a gamble.

I'm also not sure if it can latch in booster mode...I've never heard anythign about it? i personally wouldn't feel okay using it as a booster without it being latched in..it's a BIG, HEAVY, solid seat. That's personal creepout factor though, not based upon any sort of facts.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
it had a 40 lb limit. ;) other than that, it's probably the best of the 3-in-1 options.

here's a full review- http://carseatblog.com/?p=365

:)

crunchy...have you gone to sleep?

she's asking about the redesigned and newly-announced Symphony 65..are you getting what the 65 means?? ;);)

ETA - oh, and some kids can't stand the red tab adjuster harness things. They rub/cut into the neck of some bigger kids. My dd HATES them - she has some sensory issues like me, lol. So taht would also be a consideration for some people, although probably not a big deal for most.

crunchierthanthou

crunchy...have you gone to sleep?

she's asking about the redesigned and newly-announced Symphony 65..are you getting what the 65 means?? ;);)

had. it had. the original symphony had a 40 lb limit. that was its biggest downfall.

sorry, I was working on the assumption that the OP was at least somewhat familiar with the 40 lb version. :eek:

and sorry for editing my post after you quoted. I hadn't seen your replies yet, but I hate when people do that.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
had. it had. the original symphony had a 40 lb limit. that was its biggest downfall.

sorry, I was working on the assumption that the OP was at least somewhat familiar with the 40 lb version. :eek:

and sorry for editing my post after you quoted. I hadn't seen your replies yet, but I hate when people do that.

lol...ok...same page now.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
With the new design, it's really hard to speculate on it. Maybe it'll work better with LATCH with the new base in more types of cars. Maybe it'll be LATCHable in booster mode. Maybe the harness will be easier to remove for booster mode. Maybe the top harness position will be higher. Aside from that one picture, nobody but Evenflo knows :cool:

Shaunam

Don't know if they'll actually be changing the shell of the seat or not to make the harness higher or change how the booster fits, but here's a 40 lb 4 year old in it in the harness and in booster mode:

0617091324a.jpg

0617091325a.jpg

I wish the harness were an inch higher but that's really my only complaint. For a 3-in-1 it actually makes a decent booster. Lap belt was plenty low. Even slouched and resting against the side, the shoulder belt stayed in position. My only concern is that the seat is kind of wide. Don't know if that's actually an issue for the fit or not though.

Maedze

If this is for real, I can seriously get on board with recommending this seat (any chance of bumping up the RF limit to 40 :whistle:) as a practical three in one that will get most kids to 6 or 7. How high does it adjust as a HBB?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Not high enough. My link is higher up in this thread. I have it next to the tb. Looks like they are keeping the base? Dang it.

Shaunam

If this is for real, I can seriously get on board with recommending this seat (any chance of bumping up the RF limit to 40 :whistle:) as a practical three in one that will get most kids to 6 or 7. How high does it adjust as a HBB?

I *think* the headrest is as high as it goes in the first pic with him in the harness. Can't remember exactly though. So a few inches higher than the setting he's at in booster mode? Definitely not the last seat anyone needs, but probably to age 6 or 7.

Shaunam

Can anyone tell me if the empty space on each side of his hip is a safety concern? That's what I meant by it being a wide seat and I wasn't sure about it.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
With the new design, it's really hard to speculate on it. Maybe it'll work better with LATCH with the new base in more types of cars. Maybe it'll be LATCHable in booster mode. Maybe the harness will be easier to remove for booster mode. Maybe the top harness position will be higher. Aside from that one picture, nobody but Evenflo knows :cool:

Heather has the notes, but I believe it is very similar to the original version, with the exception of the higher rating. The bottom of the shell is a bit different and there is some improved structure to allow for the higher rating. I believe the top harness height is essentially unchanged, but there could be minor variations. I can't remember if Heather measured it, if not we'll try to do it today.

It should be shipping soon and we hope to have one for a review.

Shaunam

I think 19" would probably get most kids to safe backless booster age, no?

That's what I'm thinking. Even if they get there by 6 or 7, MOST people are going to be ready to put their kids in backless booster by that point. *I'd* want a nice dedicated high-back until age 8 or so, but I'm not most people. ;)

And does the symphony fit newborns?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, Ulrike's kiddo fit in it at age 10.. It's a nice 'junior' sized booster and the one after it can be backless or we can talk them into a mega tall highback :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC