Oh my god... my sister in law flipped the vehicle..

Splash

I'm leaving work now. I don't have a lot of details. Aj just called me crying. They can't get Jess out of the truck and Mike is already in surgery. Zach is fine. He's fine. Oh my god he's okay... he's okay... I can't even imagine... what if he had still been in that seat...
I don't know anything else. I just know Mike is in surgery and Zach is okay and they can't get Jess out.

ADS

drey

OMG! I hope everyone is ok. I am VERY glad that Zach is fine, I know you were very worried about him being in a proper restraint.

Lara

:eek:

OMG that is sooo scary.

I believe everything happens for a reason. This? is the reason you went out and bought that evenflo for them. Thank God the baby is okay. I'll pray for his parents.

scatterbunny

OMG!! Wow--thank goodness you were there for that little boy!

I hope his parents are okay (not for their sake, but for his). Maybe after this they will think more of child restraints?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
OMG, hope Zach's parents and the new baby are going to be okay.

myliljunebugs

I know I'm new so I hope it is okay to post on personal threads. How scary! I hope they are all okay! Aren't you the one who "stole" the bad seat and replaced it? If so, thank God you got the guts to do it when you did! I really hope your brother and sil are okay.

Simplysomething

I was hoping this had happened long enough ago that there was an update. No such luck.

You likely are the reason Zach is safe (he was in the car, right?).

Update when you get news. :(

didymama

i hope all is ok with the parents and am :) that zach is ok and was in his car seat! let them know we are pulling for them!

Splash

Okay, this is what I know so far.

They are somewhere between Savannah and Atlanta. I don't know where exactly. But she hydroplaned and flipped the vehicle. It's a red f-150, if you see it on the news anywhere. They got Mike out fine and he will be okay (like I care about him). Zachary as far as we know is completely uninjured, except some bruising and facial contustions (likely from the OHS). Jessica is out but has still not regained consciousness. Last time Pam (my MIL) talked to anyone, OB and plastic surgery were on their way in. Remember Jessica is 34 weeks pregnant. She was driving, so the airbag (if it deployed, would it deploy?) would have hit her belly, and the steering wheel. Mike says they rolled three times before stopping. Plastic surgery will fix up her face, and she may very well be having a baby today. We don't know yet though and there really isn't anyone to call. Pam was trying to get in touch with a family friend to go get Zachary.
I bought that seat on Saturday. It's now Friday. Not even a whole week. I can't imagine what would have happened to him if he was still in that booster. But he's fine. In a misused untethered overhead shield in a car that rolled three times. He's fine. God I want to hold him right now.
I feel so horrible because too many times I have just wished Mike and Jess would get killed in a crash and leave us (or anyone) to raise the babies. I know it's bad, but I'm human.
AJ did tell her mom that the seat needed to be replaced, and hopefully they will listen to me when I tell them what to replace it with and how to use it. The truck is totaled. I believe they had to cut her out, but I'm not certain yet.

RubysGirl

Darnit splash, I'm supposed to go back to work and this made me tear up. Bleh. I'm just glad you're a little thief, I'll say that much. I hope they all walk away fine and have learned something from this.

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
If only they realized how lucky they are that you "stole" that stupid old seat. Thank goodness that you followed your gut to replace that seat.

super_grape

Wow....I hope everyone is Ok. They are so fortunate to have someone care enuf about their son to go to all the trouble you did to keep him safe,
I hope they will reconsider their previous position and let you help them in the future!
And you did a good, good thing!

jamesmommy

Tears here too.....

I am just so happy you listened to your gut and replaced that seat when you did, I don't even like to think about what could've happened if you hadn't.

Maybe some good can come from this and Mom and Dad will take more care with car safety. Zach, baby and family are in my thoughts, please keep us updated.

Amie

Lys

Senior Community Member
OMG!
So glad you replaced the seat for Zach!
Hope your SIL is ok along with the new baby.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Well, now I'm scared for the unborn baby. That would've been alot of force from the airbag. I just really hope that he's (its a boy, right?) fine. At least she's far enough along that if they do need to deliver him today, he should be just fine. My thoughts are with you and them, I hope you all make it through this okay.

SPJ&E

Wow I'm SO glad you swiped the booster and the little man is okay! I don't even want to imagine what would have happened had he been in the stupid thing! I hope Jess and the baby are okay and I really hope that she'll take your advice more seriously now! I can't help but think this will just give them another excuse to ignore your advice though..."Well he was fine the way he was" ugh...

Morganthe

Jessica is out but has still not regained consciousness. Last time Pam (my MIL) talked to anyone, OB and plastic surgery were on their way in. Remember Jessica is 34 weeks pregnant. She was driving, so the airbag (if it deployed, would it deploy?) would have hit her belly, and the steering wheel. Mike says they rolled three times before stopping. Plastic surgery will fix up her face, and she may very well be having a baby today. .....
The truck is totaled. I believe they had to cut her out, but I'm not certain yet.

Splash, the timing of your theft was remarkable! It is an absolute miracle you decided that enough was enough to do something about a serious safety issue. That little boy is alive and unhurt thanks to you. Be very very proud of that. I know that I'm proud of you and we've never even met :)

Even if the driver's area was intact, they probably decided to cut her out anyway since she is probably rather large and they didn't want to chance moving her spinal & abdomen areas to try to squeeze her out. I hope that everything works out allright for her and the baby.
best wishes & ((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC