thinking of putting my 10 month old back into the infant seat

aisraeltax

i dont know why im having a hard time with this one..probably b/c i just hate infant seats (no major reasons, i just dont like them).

we have a Safe Seat and used it for about 4 months last year after ds4 hated his BV and TF....after rejecting those seats, i purchased the SS b/c i was willing to do anything to have a happy baby in the car. I used the seat from around November until around Feb. and put it in the attic, never to be used again.

we had a long car trip the other day and ds3 had an accident in his My Ride so i had to take the cover off and wash it (of course, our new cover came later that night). So, i put ds3 in the BV. and dragged the SS out again and put ds4 in that.

usually when i put ds4 in his BV, he turns his body around to the back of the seat, gets about as rigid as he can and its a complete battle getting him buckled in. He cant do that in the infant seat. We put him in the infant seat and he sits DOWN into it and cant do the acrobats as he can in the BV.

So now i am thinking of using hte infant seat for a few more months. He is 30 inches tall and between 22-23 lbs.

Is there any disadvantage to using the infant seat vs. the BV? Is he somehow safer in the BV?

I don't know why, but I feel better with the rear facing tether system and the side impact of the BV.

what are your thoughts?

ADS

Pixels

There is no advantage that we know of for convertible vs infant seat, as long as the child fits properly in either and it's used correctly every time.

If the infant seat is easier to use (because he doesn't/can't fight), use that. If the RFing tether/SIP of the Boulevard make you feel better, use that. Only you can weigh which one matters more to you.

aisraeltax

yeh, i do realize a lot of this is parental decision. im just wondering if there is anything im not thinking about.

i *think* the SS seat is one of the few that allows the bar to be set back when in use, right? or am i confused about that? i need to get that manual out again.

i just hate the struggle (more for him than me..b/c it really makes him so upset).

im so not used to kids who dont like cars..my ds3 will sing, play and fall asleep easily. he's the kid i flew down to Ga. with and drove our new car back about 2 years ago....i could NEVER do that with kid no. 4 :(

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The SS allows for the handle to be in A, C, or D position in the car, but not B (the one halfway between up and the edge of the shell). Not sure what you mean by set back. Set back behind the seat, or set back up.

Lucky you for having kids who liked the car. Piper hated it for 15 months. Even at 15 months we were limited to three hours a day in the car, and that's with me in the back with her. I hope the new baby likes the car more.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC