Decided not to get another regent - which booster???

sholoulou

Decided not to get another regent.
I am going to get another booster for my son instead. This will be the last of the carseat purchase for him.
I am looking at the recaro vivo and the monterey. Which one is the better/safest one of the two? Do you have favs? He will be riding passenger outboard. Oh I also want it to be comfortable for him - soft and cushion!

My son is 51lbs will be 6 the end of oct. 46" tall

ADS

obamamama

I just bought a Monterey for my 6.5 year old. She is 43" and 41lbs on a good day... Kid just doesn't gain weight. Used to have a Regent, but that's another story.

Anyways, I think the main difference between the Monterey and the Vivo seats is that the Monterey adjusts not only in height but it width. You can expand the sides of the booster to allow for your child to grow shoulders, lol. I like that feature over the Vivo's standard height adjustment, because body types can change and I feel that I will get the most out of the seat.

I was able to get the Monterey on HappyMothers for $107 shipped, so that made a difference, I mean a Vivo for that or a Monterey for that.

I know another poster on here, has two Vivo's and she says she likes them. Much sturdier than the Turbos she has (ITA) and they are soft and plushy too.

Don't know if that was much help, but it's a start.

Maedze

If you don't want to buy another seat down the line, the Monterey is the more sensible choice as it converts to a backless booster :)

puglover333

I vote monterey!

You son's stats are very close to my son's. My son feels squished in the shoulders in the vivo. I thinks the vivo is better for younger childen or older skinny children. Otherwise go with the monterey.

Plus it will last longer. I'm pretty sure it adjusts higher than the vivo, plus it converts into a backless booster.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The Vivo is a nice seat, but it will not be the last seat you need to buy for your son (he'll need a backless later), so if that's important, I vote Monterey.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC