I'm at a loss with the CA

gsdguenter

Maybe time to sell. I've never been totally in love with it but have liked its 40 lb rrfing capability and head wings. I'm fed up with DD puking in it all the time (okay, well 4 times). But, she's never puked in any other seat we have and we even got a pretty okay recline with a noodle pyramid. Could it be the seat? I think I'm going to throw in the towel and sell it. It just frustrates me I'll end up loosing money on it since no one around here will probably buy it on CL and with ebay I have to pay shipping. Grrrrr. Any ideas? TIA

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Try her in the other seat again and see if she pukes? Yes, though, it can be the seat. Different seats put different amounts of pressure on the stomach and can cause more pukage, lol.

gsdguenter

she has been riding in her MA in grandmas car regularly and not had any issues in it. Yup, I'm thinking it's the seat:mad::thumbsdown:

o_mom

Could it be too reclined? The noodle pyramid makes me think you have it pretty reclined, maybe more upright might change the way it pushes on her belly or set her equilibrium different. Other than that, it may just be the headwings obstructing her view - no visual reference to keep the motion sickness away. :(

Mommy2Marcus

I am sorry! I know when Marcus was getting car sick it was VERY frustrating. Have you tried the MR? I know it is not as tall as the CA, but it has at least as tall as a shell as the MA does. Does she have much room in the MA's? Another option is the TF, while it only has a 35lbs weight limit, it does have a super tall shell. Just some thoughts. I hope you find a solution soon.

gsdguenter

It's definitely not too reclined, I had a bear of a time getting it reclined at all with my slanted seats. I would do the MR, but it is too wide since I eventually want to be able to do 3 across. She has PLENTY of room to grow rf in the MA, but I was worried about her gaining weight. She is currently 29.5 lb. naked so we sold our RA (which she outgrew cause she has a big head and her head is above the shell:whistle:) and one of the MAs since it was a 33 lb one. Luckily the other MA sale fell through so we still have that (35 lber), but we need to keep it in grandmas car.
I think it might in fact be that she can't see out the window. Never thought of that. So, would that leave out the XT since it has SIP wings too?
Maybe I should not worry about 3 across now (Splash made a good point about buying seats that fit them now and worry about later, well, later) since #3 isn't even here yet and we are TTC.
I have an old Graco stroller we don't use I could trade in and buy a MR with the discount. That's something to consider.

So, I'm thinking - in no particular order:
1) MR with BRU trade in
2) RN 65
3) XT (I'm worried about the wings though)
4) just deal with it and wait a few months for the new XTSL to come out (or maybe some other new thing)

gsdguenter

I'd ship it, just not ideal. But, it's not that heavy, so maybe. But, I'd have to do ebay since I don't have swap privileges here.
Just bought an MR:whistle: I'll install it tonight and test it out tomorrow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC