Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Smile Graco Snugride vs Chico Keyfit

I am leaning towards a Graco snugride infant carrier as it appears to be more compatible with strollers etc.
    How do I tell if it has a front adjuster? Are there certain models available from BRU which have the front adjuster and if so, please specify.

Has it been confirmed that the Chico Keyfit is compatible with a Snap 'n Go?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member SuzaBanana's Avatar

Re: Graco Snugride vs Chico Keyfit

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Has it been confirmed that the Chico Keyfit is compatible with a Snap 'n Go?
    Yes. I have a Chicco Keyfit 30 (although it doesn't matter which one) that I used with a Baby Trend Snap n Go for nearly a year. It doesn't "click", but the shape of the Keyfit is a little wider & actually fits snugger than the SnugRide. I also had a SnugRide for a while with the Snap n Go, but preferred the Keyfit!

Hope that helps!
    integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching

We also used a Keyfit with the Baby Trend snap and go. Same story!!
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

The easiest way to tell is to just look at the pictures. Front adjuster is pretty obvious. If it's covered by a boot, then likely it's there b/c only the more expensive ones come with boots and those should have the front adjuster.

Which ones are you looking at in particular? I have the Lotus. Some of the pictures have the boot covering the front. It has a front adjuster.

We decided on the same debate over the price difference vs. possible time of use.

For most children, the SnugRide (32!) will last much longer than a Chicco KeyFit (30) would due to the shell height difference.

There ARE two SnugRides in production currently. The SnugRide and the SnugRide 32. The SnugRide only goes to 22 pounds, the 32 to 32 pounds. There is also a 3" difference in height accommodation (but your child should have no less than an inch of shell above his head for the seat to be usable, which generally is not the same as the manufacturer's height.)

We made our decision for the SnugRide 32 over the KeyFit because we felt that the KeyFit would not get the use out of it for the price before it was outgrown.

The SnugRide 32 can definitely attach to a Baby Trend Sit n Stand stroller, I have not played with other strollers than Graco's. I'm not sure if I tried the KeyFit on there.
    Jonah 4/11/07 Avery 3/25/10 Noralee 10/14/11
    And my man from dream land, Sam
    RSTV, Coccoro, 2 Titans, Marathon, MyRide, Apt40, R100
    We do it in a Yaris!