Question Graco Snugride vs Chico Keyfit

U

Unregistered

I am leaning towards a Graco snugride infant carrier as it appears to be more compatible with strollers etc.
How do I tell if it has a front adjuster? Are there certain models available from BRU which have the front adjuster and if so, please specify.

Has it been confirmed that the Chico Keyfit is compatible with a Snap 'n Go?

ADS

BananaBoat

Has it been confirmed that the Chico Keyfit is compatible with a Snap 'n Go?

Yes. I have a Chicco Keyfit 30 (although it doesn't matter which one) that I used with a Baby Trend Snap n Go for nearly a year. It doesn't "click", but the shape of the Keyfit is a little wider & actually fits snugger than the SnugRide. I also had a SnugRide for a while with the Snap n Go, but preferred the Keyfit!

Hope that helps!

The easiest way to tell is to just look at the pictures. Front adjuster is pretty obvious. If it's covered by a boot, then likely it's there b/c only the more expensive ones come with boots and those should have the front adjuster.

Which ones are you looking at in particular? I have the Lotus. Some of the pictures have the boot covering the front. It has a front adjuster.

Jonah Baby

We decided on the same debate over the price difference vs. possible time of use.

For most children, the SnugRide (32!) will last much longer than a Chicco KeyFit (30) would due to the shell height difference.

There ARE two SnugRides in production currently. The SnugRide and the SnugRide 32. The SnugRide only goes to 22 pounds, the 32 to 32 pounds. There is also a 3" difference in height accommodation (but your child should have no less than an inch of shell above his head for the seat to be usable, which generally is not the same as the manufacturer's height.)

We made our decision for the SnugRide 32 over the KeyFit because we felt that the KeyFit would not get the use out of it for the price before it was outgrown.

The SnugRide 32 can definitely attach to a Baby Trend Sit n Stand stroller, I have not played with other strollers than Graco's. I'm not sure if I tried the KeyFit on there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC