Oobr measurements: VERY pic heavy

hsjwmom

Ok, I took as many measurements as I could think of. If I missed any, let me know and I'll try to get what you need.

Inside seat at narrowest:

DSC02248.jpg

Seat depth:

DSC02249.jpg

Base at widest:

DSC02250.jpg

Backrest at widest: (torso)

DSC02252.jpg

Shoulder guide at highest setting:

DSC02259.jpg

Shoulder guide at lowest setting:

DSC02261.jpg

Total booster height:

DSC02257.jpg

Inside headwings at back:

DSC02262.jpg

Inside headwings, at front:

DSC02263.jpg

LATCH connectors as they came:

DSC02264.jpg

LATCH connectors extended:

DSC02265.jpg

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
wait...are the latch connectors supposed ot be in that extended position when in use? That would put the booster way away from my seat back...please tell me you can have it retracted, right? My latch hooks like...are RIGHT there...

hsjwmom

No, the connectors extend that far in order to recline the seat...Oooh, give me a minute, I'll take a pic of that page in the manual!

ETA:
DSC02266.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What are the rules/requirements for using recline mode?

It looks like it will fit smaller and larger riders pretty well!

U

Unregistered1

So can you recline while driving? Very interesting, I'd love to play with one.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh, it IS more narrow than an Olli at the armrests. And DD1 will fit in it till DD2 is old enough... sweeeeeeeet...!

monstah

Awesome pictures!! You will get some rep from me shortly. ;) Soooo jealous, LOL.

I was wondering if you could measure the width across the back at the base of the seat?? And how far away from the seat bight do you think it will sit?

I have some hinges in my seat bight that I need to puzzle around.

hsjwmom

What are the rules/requirements for using recline mode?

It looks like it will fit smaller and larger riders pretty well!

So can you recline while driving? Very interesting, I'd love to play with one.

From what I'm reading, the only requirement in using it in a reclined position is that the Oobr's headrest has to be in contact with the vehicle's seat back or headrest. In a warning section (the one I took a picture of) it says to "Never attempt to recline this booster seat while driving." Next, it says to "Always ensure that the vehicle lap and shoulder belt is properly positioned and snugly adjusted on the child." Because of those two statements being together, my understanding is that you can drive with it in the reclined position as long as the belt still fits properly. I think it's basically saying not to reach around and recline it while you're driving.

Oh, an interesting thing to note: It says specifically in a warning section, "Never allow the child to buckle themselves in this booster seat." Is this specific to the Oobr, or did I miss it on our TB or BG?

Oooh, it IS more narrow than an Olli at the armrests. And DD1 will fit in it till DD2 is old enough... sweeeeeeeet...!

Yeah, I discovered it was narrower when I tried to fit my behind in it, lol. I guess the 100# weight limit on the Oobr vs. the 120# limit on the Olli makes sense that way.

Awesome pictures!! You will get some rep from me shortly. ;) Soooo jealous, LOL.

I was wondering if you could measure the width across the back at the base of the seat?? And how far away from the seat bight do you think it will sit?

I have some hinges in my seat bight that I need to puzzle around.

Ok, when I flip the seat upside down and measure across the bottom, it is 15.25". That is how much would actually touch the vehicle seat. Now, if I measure across the back while it is upright, it measures about 16". That's how much would touch the vehicle seat back. It's kind of hard to get an exact measurement because of how rounded the edges are.

I think, because of the recline feature, you can have it sit as far away from the bight as you need. Just as long as the headrest is touching the vehicle seat back or headrest.

hsjwmom

You know, I don't think I would. I just don't think I would be comfortable with it being unsecured.

Ok, off to meet with Tanya! (tanyaandallie)

Last edited:

Amaris

How does it compare to the monterey for height? I'm seriously considering another high back for Michael, but he grows so quickly that I want to tallest one available! He barely fits into our monarch, and only if it's in the 3rd row. There's something about the 3rd row that gives him more room than the 2nd.

hsjwmom

I don't know how it compares with the Monterey, I've never seen one IRL. I'm probably going to meet Tanya again next week so we can try out her Monterey.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Thanks hsjwmom for meeting me today!!! So great to see the Oobr in real life!!!

I took a few pics of my ds in the seat. Unfortunately my dd (who is actually booster age) was at school so ds had to model. He is 4, 35 lbs and about 41ish inches. Small for his age. Surprisingly the seat actually positioned the belt really well on him and the seat didn't drown him. He looks VERY tiny in the Monterey.

I liked the seat but agree that the fabric is iffy. I know it's supposed to be some special fabric and it is nice but it just doesn't look like it would hold up. Hopefully it will. I am going to go check out another fabric at a local store.

Here he is.......

IMG_5698.jpg

AtTheSouthDam

Hmm.. I think I may have been right about cancelling this one. I was hoping their listed top should hieght of 21" was an error. DD1 has a 18.5 torso already and she's not yet six! No, I think she would have had to have a monetery or frontier in order for it to last more than a year or two. I would like her to stay in HBB until she is 8 :)
But it does look like good!

monstah

I think, because of the recline feature, you can have it sit as far away from the bight as you need. Just as long as the headrest is touching the vehicle seat back or headrest.

Thanks! In hindsight, the only seating position in my car where those hinges are an issue is in the center, and that doesn't have LATCH. :eek:

hsjwmom

Tanya, we had a great time! Thanks for meeting with us, hopefully next Friday works out, too. It would be neat to compare the Monterey side by side with the Oobr. I'm curious how the fit will differ.

Ok, not the best pics. I'm a lousy photographer, kids were tired and goofy by turns, so I did the best I could. :eek:

Here is dd1, 9yo 50" tall with a 18.25" torso

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02274.jpg

Here is dd2, 7y3m, 48" tall with a torso that is a hair under 17"

DSC02275.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd say your dd1 looks about right in there. It might be a bit snugger than she's 'used to', but kids tend to get used to things, kwim? I love the deep headwings! I hope it works out for you, yeah, I can't wait to see the Monterey comparison pics!!!! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC