I think I made a dumb choice...

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
...just looking for confirmation of that, I suppose. :p

We're taking a little road trip on Saturday, and DS's little friend (and his mom) are joining us. By little, I mean tiny (well, compared to my guy, anyway.) I'm going to use our two seats (Nauti and Radian) for the trip. For some reason, I decided DS's friend (DSF) should go in the Radian. :scratcheshead: I *now* think this is dumb because I had to put the Safe Stop on for DSF. If I had just put him in the Nauti, I would only have had to change the harness and headrest.

I guess my though process at time must have been along the lines of "smaller child, smaller seat." DS *is* hovering at the limit of the Radian, but he does still fit.

So, dumb choice or not? :confused:

ADS

Mama Jo

I would have done the same thing. I think the RN with the safestop seems safer for a smaller kid. When I had a RN and a GN I always put the smaller one in the RN.

outnumberedby6

i too agree with the pp.
i have done the same thing with our regent vs booster for whom ever rides with us. smaller kiddo gets the regent. a BIT of work considering harness level has to be changed and the seat has to be reinstalled buy yea its worth it! u were thinking !

monstah

I would have done the same thing. :thumbsup:

And a bit off topic, but how much room does your DS have to grow in the RN? I was laughing at the picture "downstairs" because I could swear our kids are twins. Glasses & all, LOL. ;)

Mine is just barely over the top slots now. :eek: He turns four in a month and I have a SG sitting in the closet, waiting for booster training. But now I want an Oobr. :p

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
And a bit off topic, but how much room does your DS have to grow in the RN? I was laughing at the picture "downstairs" because I could swear our kids are twins. Glasses & all, LOL. ;)

Well, that depends on whether you accept the "one-inch-over" rule or not. ;) Right now, he's pretty much even with the top slots (although if I were to move the Radian outboard, he'd gain some room.)

Maybe our guys were separated at birth, lol. :p I can't really figure where he got his size from - my family's short, and DH's isn't *that* tall. :scratcheshead:

Must be the nuclear power plant. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC