Question about Recaro Como...

Heamae

I have a como that I just started putting my 4 month old in. He is about 21 lbs and my infant carrier only goes to 22 lbs so I moved him to the como. The problem is, even though he is super big and chunky, I cant seem to get the straps tight enough on him. They are as tight as they will go and there is still space! It really worries me!! I have no idea how a baby of 5 lbs would fit in this seat. Oh yeah, he is on the lowest setting too. Dont know his height or seated height at the moment. If need I could get pics tomorrow!

ADS

disbugsmomma

You will need to contact Recaro and order the infant padding from them. I have no idea on cost or how long it will take to get it. It shouldn't take too long to get it though, as they are based in MI.

Heamae

I have the padding that came with it in there. Is that what your talking about or is there something else??

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There is extra padding available from Recaro. However I think it only goes to 11 lbs. or something? Sometimes the harness gets caught up, check that. Also, some babies just don't fit that seat.

disbugsmomma

There is an additional infant insert too. I don't have one, but if I did, I'd let you borrow it. I would call them in the morning and see if you can get one.

disbugsmomma

It only goes to 11 lbs!? How dumb. :thumbsdown: My nephew didn't fit in my Como at 6 months and about 15 lbs. I don't think he'll fit until closer to a year old.

Heamae

Ok that really suck!!! I emailed them because I have tried calling about something else and never got a hold of anyone! I guess I will see what they have to say!

I just bought a nautilus for dd2 so that ds could have this seat and he doesnt fit!!! Now I am going to have to return it and get something different for him and move her back to the recaro.

Or I could sell the frontier, move dd1 to a booster full time and get a radian. Anyone interested in trading! lol

Not sure fi Im ready to put her in a booster full time. She is 40 lbs and has been training with it for 6 months and sits great in it, Im just not ready! lol

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you're interested in trading, you should check out the Car Seat Swap section. ;)

I'm not sure it maxes out at 11, but I believe someone called about their 12 lb. infant and was told he was too big. :rolleyes:

Oh, also, OP, basic I know, but did you take off the strap covers? They are very long and can interfere with proper tightening.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC