myride question

Cryssy Jane

getting a MR to replace my 33lb MA in the van. The RN refuses to fit where i need it to in the van in order for pops to still drive. The 3 local BRUs only have spiral in stock. I've heard not so great things about this cover. If I purchase it and call graco to get a replacement could it be any cover? I love the edgemont dots and the bartlett. This would be for a little boy if it makes a difference.

ADS

Maedze

I don't think they will sell you a store cover, no. Why not just buy it from Walmart or Target if those are the covers you prefer? (I personally think the BRU cover is as ugly as day-old moldy sin)

Cryssy Jane

I agree I hate it! I wanted to get the 20% off... got like 4 or 5 old seats I could trade in that are just taking up space. And I've boughten 4 seats in the last 6 months, so any saving of cash would be great.

NannyMom

I think I heard they'd made improvements to the cover since they first came out. However, I bought one of the first ones. I had cover problems (not staying on), and they replaced it. More cover problems (a run in the fabric), and I asked for a different cover, they didn't have Alma yet, so I asked for Edgemont Dots, they sent it not a problem.

Spam

Are you sure they're not on sale at Target? Online it's out of stock, but all of the other Graco seats are on sale.

Mommy2Marcus

I have a MR from BRU. While it is not the prettyest cover on the MR I do not think it is horrible. My cover stays on fairly well with only the sides popping off on ocassion, but nothing that is the end of the world. The top stays on really well & has never come off. So I do think they somehow made improvements. I bought mine a little over a month ago. Hope that helps.

2BunniesMommy

I had one with a Spiral cover and it was awful. I have looked at the Edgemont Dots and Bartlett covers and they are so much better. No idea on if they will send you a diff. one if the Spiral gives you issues, but wanted to put in my:twocents:

Raegansmom4

I'd just get the BRU spirals, and if you have trouble, contact Graco for a new cover. As for them sending you a different cover just because, not so sure. I got mine the end of July (Bartlett), and really have had not a whole lot of issues w/ cover - same as Mommy2Marcus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC