odd question...a baby and a bus...

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
so extreme home makeover is here...

my husband and i are volunteering tomorrow night, but we also wanted to go to the build site and see it a time or two (we are actually volunteering from midnight to 4 am and were hoping to go during the day)

there is a spectator bus that runs from 8 am-8pm and i'm pretty sure it's just a school bus...and we would have to take our 13 month old with us... i'm just not crazy about that.

would you go at all? put her in her keyfit (obviously with nothing to buckle it to)...?

oh, and it's about a 5-10 minute drive on a highway, although most of the highway is also closed...

thoughts...please... :eek:

ETA: just to clarify it's not the actual having her there, it's the getting her there.

ADS

Raegansmom4

Is there anyway to find out ahead of time if the bus may have seatbelts? In some states, school buses are required to have seatbelts now. The whole "compartmentalization" thing really only applies to elementary age children and above, so I'd be nervous w/ an unrestrained infant. Isn't there any way you could drive your own vehicle there?

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
i'm pretty sure buses don't have seat belts around here.

and no, there is no way anyone can drive their own vehicles anywhere near the build site

i really don't want to just hold her....it seems slightly better to have her in her infant carrier even though it wouldn't be buckled to anything... maybe... ?

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I'd be fine taking her on the bus, and I'd probably just carry her in a sling. But, I am weird that way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC