booster info for a friend

cookie123

A friend at work last night said she wanted to talk to me about boosters on Monday. Her daughter is turning 5 soon, but is pretty petite. She's probably closer to 30 lbs, and short. I know she's still in the MA.

Anyway, is there something I could link her to that's short and sweet that covers staying in position and fit.

How tall a torso is needed for a booster seat to fit, does anyone know off hand?

Do we have a comprehensive list stating the stats on the different boosters and which can latch or top tether? She can probably use any booster. They have just the one dd and drive a passat. I'm not sure if she wants to replace the MA or just have a booster for grandparents or something. Who knows!

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Right now the only boosters that LATCH are the Sunshine Kids Monterey and the Graco Nautilus and Britax Frontier in booster mode. Next week the answer to that question will probably be different.

Boosters list height minimums on the box.

For a child that little, I'd look at the ParkwaySG to help keep her from submarining. I think that would be of more benefit than LATCH.

Why does she want to booster?

Maedze

For a thirty pounder, I'd go with the Vivo, because it positions the lap belt so low and has such great SIP.

Maedze

Right now the only boosters that LATCH are the Sunshine Kids Monterey and the Graco Nautilus and Britax Frontier in booster mode. Next week the answer to that question will probably be different.

Boosters list height minimums on the box.

For a child that little, I'd look at the ParkwaySG to help keep her from submarining. I think that would be of more benefit than LATCH.

Why does she want to booster?

She should realize though that it would be parental choice to go against stated manufacturer minimums (40 lbs).

cookie123

I don't know why she wants to use a booster. She said she'd talk to me about it on Monday. I'll try to talk her out of it. I even have a seat I could give her if she needs a spare. I think I'll put it in my car so I have it.

This kid could probably be rear facing in about any seat. I think I'll tell her that!

I didn't think about the minimum height being on the box. However, she looks a little short torsoed to me. That's why I kind of wondered what torso height might be appropriate for a decent booster fit. I also didn't think about WEIGHT minimums. She'll want a nice seat, likely the Britax with a 40 lb minimum.

Maedze

I don't know why she wants to use a booster. She said she'd talk to me about it on Monday. I'll try to talk her out of it. I even have a seat I could give her if she needs a spare. I think I'll put it in my car so I have it.

This kid could probably be rear facing in about any seat. I think I'll tell her that!

I didn't think about the minimum height being on the box. However, she looks a little short torsoed to me. That's why I kind of wondered what torso height might be appropriate for a decent booster fit. I also didn't think about WEIGHT minimums. She'll want a nice seat, likely the Britax with a 40 lb minimum.

Most high back boosters have a height minimum of 38". I think boosters don't tend to fit kids well before 40-42" though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC