Notes from KIM conference

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Quickly written notes, from Tammy Franks.

Two seats will now go from 3 lbs.
-coccoro
-mia moda seat in a seat pickalino Oct 2009

Chicco
- Will now have a recycling program. Seats can be sent back to Chicco.
- Certain after market products ok, check web site for approved products.
- Infant insert and head insert can be used in any combo up to 11 lbs

Combi Shuttle
-up to 33 lbs

Evenflo
-Generation 65 lbs

Graco
-SR32 discontinued, SR35, SAME seat
-Nautilus elite lock offs/width adjustable head rest

-Ride safer travel vest
redesign to meet global standard

-Recaro
signo g2- improved lock off, that actually lock

Last edited:
ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
hmm...it seems like it would make much more sense for the shoulder area onthe nauti to expand, not the headrest...i mean, even a really big kids head isn't all that much wider than a littler kids head.....it's that shoulder width that really gets the bigger kids. but whatever...
the generations 65 definitely sounds worth checking out.....

hmm...it seems like it would make much more sense for the shoulder area onthe nauti to expand, not the headrest...i mean, even a really big kids head isn't all that much wider than a littler kids head.....it's that shoulder width that really gets the bigger kids. but whatever...
the generations 65 definitely sounds worth checking out.....

That is what I was hoping too. Even my skinny child seems too cozy in the nautilus.

TheNimpsGirl

I had already heard about Graco messing with renaming, again, the higher weight Snugrides but serouisly... why? Its too confusing. Serouisly, too confusing. Try explaining to someone that the SR22 that is in the store is not the one they saw on line that has an upfront adjuster, it was probably an old SS1 or the new (now old) SR32. Now you add in that it will go to 35lbs... and then the whole base issue. I still can't remember what bases can or can't be used with which seats.

I checked Chicco's website, it still says, unless I missed it, in their FAQ that there are no after market products that are allowed. I'm guessing that it will take some time to show up?

But thanks for the notes.

G8r4evr

QUOTE=TheNimpsGirl;987708]I had already heard about Graco messing with renaming, again, the higher weight Snugrides but serouisly... why? Its too confusing. Serouisly, too confusing. Try explaining to someone that the SR22 that is in the store is not the one they saw on line that has an upfront adjuster, it was probably an old SS1 or the new (now old) SR32. Now you add in that it will go to 35lbs... and then the whole base issue. I still can't remember what bases can or can't be used with which seats.

[/QUOTE]

:yeahthat:

jess71903

Ambassador
What looks good at first glance-
65lb Generations
Lockoffs on the Nauti
Formerly 22lb seats upping to 30lb

Why does the SS1/SR32/SR35 need to keep upping the weight limit, though?? My son was seriously chunky and outgrew the SS1 6 months ago by height, at about 27lbs- 30 or even 32lbs makes sense to me for an infant carrier, but who really cares after that? I think it will just continue to encourage parents to use an infant seat after it is well outgrown by height, because the kid is still within the weight range.

crunchierthanthou

What looks good at first glance-
65lb Generations
Lockoffs on the Nauti
Formerly 22lb seats upping to 30lb

Why does the SS1/SR32/SR35 need to keep upping the weight limit, though?? My son was seriously chunky and outgrew the SS1 6 months ago by height, at about 27lbs- 30 or even 32lbs makes sense to me for an infant carrier, but who really cares after that? I think it will just continue to encourage parents to use an infant seat after it is well outgrown by height, because the kid is still within the weight range.

I'm sure there's a marketing component behind that change. The Safety1st OnBoard 35 had a higher weight limit. Now they're the same. Even if almost no child will last that long in the seat (and seriously, no one wants to carry a 35 lb baby in a seat), the choice can't come down to weight limits.

Mommy0608

Good notes, thanks! :)

I'm a little concerned with the higher weight infant seats... seems like it could encourage people to use them longer but then skip the RF convertible phase and go straight to FF. They might have heard of ERF, see the 35lb limit infant seat, and think that's good enough, even though the kid will outgrow it by height way too early to be an appropriate age/size for FF. :(

Generations harnessing to 65lbs, that's good. :thumbsup: Anyone know the top slot measurement? Will the top slots be higher, or still the same? I hope it's at least comparable to the Apex 65, it would be a nice, less expensive option for many families.

Maedze

Good notes, thanks! :)

I'm a little concerned with the higher weight infant seats... seems like it could encourage people to use them longer but then skip the RF convertible phase and go straight to FF. They might have heard of ERF, see the 35lb limit infant seat, and think that's good enough, even though the kid will outgrow it by height way too early to be an appropriate age/size for FF. :(

Generations harnessing to 65lbs, that's good. :thumbsup: Anyone know the top slot measurement? Will the top slots be higher, or still the same? I hope it's at least comparable to the Apex 65, it would be a nice, less expensive option for many families.

Plus, without the unfortunate head rest requirement (so frustrating, considering many families looking for a budget HWH seat also have older model cars without head rests!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC